Ranieri's Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been banging the Wagner drum for a while now (on the last "replacement" thread).

He would be first choice for me, followed by Pearson, followed by Rowett.

Mancini would be the worst option in my opinion.

It's clear that these players need someone who can put an arm around them. Not someone who will ostracise and fall out with them.

I'd take Roy Hodgson over Mancini, that's how badly I don't want Mancini.

It's clear that these players need someone who can put an arm around them.
This makes me weep. Half of them at least need a stick of dynamite up their arse not a sodding cuddle.

What a simple gig for Craig Shakespeare to look like a hero. Return to last seasons training routines, re-engage with the players, return all the things removed this season, pick a sensible, stable starting 11 with some basic idea of how he wants them to play. Relegation avoided.

Not sure how much truth there is in either of these tweets ...

upload_2017-2-24_9-41-44.png

There's a man with loads of experience of managing underperforming average players out of a relegation scrap....

But he is Italian.

However he couldn't even manage to complete 90 mins once as a player for us, so maybe he shouldn't buy a house in Stoneygate.

Is that sarcasm? I genuinely ask as I have no idea what his managerial career has been like

55% win record most of those with Inter, Man city and Galatasaray. The worst club he managed was Fiorentina - 36% win record.

best he managed in the CL was QF with Inter.

Can't see him agreeing unless he can quit if we get relegated.

I couldn't even bring myself to consider who it might be last night.

I think the owners have a very difficult choice - do they go with someone with Premier League experience who knows what it's like to drag a team out of relegation in the hopes that it sorts us out this season but probably won't take us much further - or do they have enough optimism that a new manager will give the players enough of a confidence lift that we can pull away from the relegation zone, so opt for someone like Mancini who could probably take us further long term but the risk that he doesn't have the experience of our predicament?

I think Hiddink is experienced enough to handle both ends of that, if we could get him.

I wouldn't be against Mancini, but see it as more of a risk.

Plus seeing someone like Pardew in charge after where Ranieri has taken us to would make me weep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669