Reading 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suck it Reading.

First consecutive league wins of the season and a cracking run of results in general. Really, absolutly superb stuff. A vintage performance as they say.

Scamper home like some hungry foxes after raiding a nest.

I'm made up with that.

You'll need to find something on Friday to give Rangers a game. Nice result though and expect Reading will be looking for a new manager before long.

We would have been severely punished against a better team, defensively it was a disaster. It's clear to me that Neilson and McGivern are not the full backs that will get us promoted.

Some good intentions up front, but they were few and far between. Waghorn lively, Howard good holding the ball up when we needed it, DJ looked a bit lost but I guess he hasn't played for a while.

Three good points anyway and we're up to 5th!

We didn't deserve it, but did they either?

3 points - 5th :icon_bigg

Thought Wayne Brown, Hobbs and Weale were all superb, but how we won that I have no idea. Andy King was an absolute passenger tonight, or so it seemed on TV anyhow.

Thought the full backs weren't as bad as some are making out actually.

Got my threads mixed up there... :icon_lol: I thought in the first half we just simply weren't very good. Second half we looked better, more solid at the back other than McGivern who seemed to push further forward than the rest of the back four allowing their right winger to have plenty of space on that side...

special mention goes to Wellens, I think he was pretty excellent today with some imaginative passing and particularly nice backheels in both halves.. always the first name on the team sheet for me at the moment.

You'll need to find something on Friday to give Rangers a game. Nice result though and expect Reading will be looking for a new manager before long.

I don't think we will play that badly again this season.

I thought McGivern was on the wrong side of their forward all the time. Neilson didn't have the worst of games, but he is a very limited player, that's all.

Thought Wayne Brown, Hobbs and Weale were all superb, but how we won that I have no idea. Andy King was an absolute passenger tonight, or so it seemed on TV anyhow.

Thought the full backs were fine, King wasn't so bad. Yes he looked a little anonymous at times which isn't what you want from a CM, but he hardly put a foot wrong when he got the ball.

I felt really bad for Steve Howard at the end there - if that had got in it would have been THE perfect way to end the night.

Chris Weale was outstanding - it is so nice to finally have a comanding and reliable keeper. Nielsen, Hobbs and particularly Brown were good, very good in Brown's case. McGivern seemed to be caught out of position a lot.

Wellens was very good. Oakley did well. Gallagher is clearly out of position and looked a little lost and King was anonymous - he didn't have a bad game or do anything wrong but he was barely noticeable.

Waghorn took his goal brilliantly - dare I say it was a Steve Howard type header. Fryatt tried hard and his two one-on-ones were more good saves than bad finishes.

I was impressed with Campbell's work rate and directness. I think he could yet have a significant role to play thi season. Stevie Howard held the ball up well and was so very unlucky at the end.

We are in the top six and still there is room for improvement - that is a very good sign.

We would have been severely punished against a better team, defensively it was a disaster. It's clear to me that Neilson and McGivern are not the full backs that will get us promoted.

Some good intentions up front, but they were few and far between. Waghorn lively, Howard good holding the ball up when we needed it, DJ looked a bit lost but I guess he hasn't played for a while.

Three good points anyway and we're up to 5th!

Spot on from what I watched!

Great result but moderate performance at best - can't complain at all with the 3 points though! :038:

What a crock of shit.

McGivern- awful, King- garbage. our passing is just piss poor.

We were lucky we were playing somebody shitter than us.

Performances need to improve or we will get hammered out of sight Friday.

Sorry but couldnt find a positive tonight, apart from result.

Better left and right backs and a new player for Oakley and that looks a decent side. Brown, Hobbs, Wellens and King were excellent. :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669