Real Ale

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Co-Op in Markfield have a lot of local (Rutland and Northampton) real ales and ciders on offer at the minute, not sure if all Co-Ops have it on.

Did someone mention Brewdog earlier in the thread? On my first ever Brew Dog right now - Hardcore IPA 9.2%! Nice but im steaming after half!!!

Thanks Manx.

For research purposes I've just had a bottle.
IPA?? Paint stripper? creosote?

Thanks Manx, I'm now very comfortable and happy with the world.
I'm not sure wheather to relax for the rest of the evening or continue and get totaly obnoxious. The fact that I can type leads me to favour some of the latter.

Not a real ale but my old man recently had cause to visit Detmold in Germany and brought back a selection of local Pils.

Very tasty in the sunshine.

Last edited:
Paulaner Is simply stunning, I first came across it in Oz but am contemplating a trip to Munich in Sept to sample some more.

Paulaner Is simply stunning, I first came across it in Oz but am contemplating a trip to Munich in Sept to sample some more.

Have a look for Bitburger if you do, its a cracker.

Out of interest, I'm going to Amsterdam for my 21st later this year, is there much going on beer-wise over there?

We stumbled upon a Bokbier festival while we were in Amsterdam about 10 years ago. The closest thing I can compare it with is Brown ale. Not bad.
You can do a tour of the Heineken factory as well, tasting included.

Last edited:
We stumbled upon a Bokbier festival while we were in Amsterdam about 10 years ago. The closest thing I can compare it with is Brown ale. Not bad.
You can do a tour of the Heineken factory as well, tasting included.

Cheer Major, we're going just before christmas so I'm hoping for a few food and beer festivals.

Yep, best of the 4 for £6 Tesco deal so far. The Masham Glory was a bit too flowery for my taste.
Currently quaffing Thwaites Very Nutty Black 'Export Strength'. I think an e-mail to Trade Descriptions is in order as it's neither very nutty nor strong.
I expect that won't be the case with the Bengal Lancer, up next.

I rather enjoying taking the Old Crafty Hen (normally 2.49) as part of the 4 for £6 offer.

Good pint (well 3) of Pheonix Gold From Byatts Brewary, in The Greyhound Inn in Coventry. Great beer in a good pub in a shithole town.

Is Oranjeboom draught still available in England? Not seen it for ages. I remember when it was launched here but that seems a very long while back, 30 yrs ish?

Is Oranjeboom draught still available in England? Not seen it for ages. I remember when it was launched here but that seems a very long while back, 30 yrs ish?

It is. It's brewed down here in Kent by Shepherd Neame under licence. Most of their pubs have it on draught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669