Relegation?

Do you think we're going down?

• Yes

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 44.7%

• Total voters

Re Faes, Souttar, etc.Really don’t think we can judge them based on being integrated into this mess of a team. They haven’t covered themselves with glory but they’ve been played into trouble time after time and been shielding a keeper with no confidence.

Thanks for your contribution Jonny. £80k a week to go from one twinge to another enabling you to sit it out when the going gets tough. Awful professional to have as club captain.

FtVwB_3WIAEOMVi

Thanks for your contribution Jonny. £80k a week to go from one twinge to another enabling you to sit it out when the going gets tough. Awful professional to have as club captain.

Evans hopes for an appointment this week?!?

He's no ****ing chance. Hasn't he heard that the junior doctors are on strike. The best thing he can do is to ring his surgery at 08:30 prompt and hope his GP will ring him back later in the day.

I think people need a reality check of what the extent of our impending disaster actually means.

Just one example. We have three strikers who are all under contract for next season (at least). This site (https://www.capology.com/club/leicester/salaries/) which I know won't be 100% accurate, says that Vardy is on £140k a week, Iheanacho £80k and Daka £75k.

That's over £15m to pay next year on just those three. For comparison, all three of them are earning more than any current Championship player. To stress this point further, a club like Blackburn (remember them) have a total salary cost from their entire squad of £8.4m.

Looking at the three relegated sides last season - Burnley have an entire wage bill of just over £23m, Norwich just over £22m and Watford just over £29m.

Our wage bill is more than £80m. EVERYONE WILL BE FOR SALE. We cannot afford any of them. It will be a squad of U21s, loans and those nobody else wants.

I don't argue that we're in a tricky financial position - but I don't think we'd be as ****ed as you say.

Because like you say, everyone will be for sale. Even the players we don't want to sell.

We'd sell Maddison for 30-40m still. That alone covers a lot of it.

Barnes, Nacho, Castagne, Ndidi, maybe also Ricardo and Daka all are still saleable assets. For that collection, you'd be looking at at least £50m in and big wages off the bill.

So while I agree it's not going to be pretty, and that everyone will be available, I think we can still sell our way out of the worst of the financial situation so we don't end up with only what's left of the academy and then any old freebies we can get. At least for a season...

I don't argue that we're in a tricky financial position - but I don't think we'd be as ****ed as you say.

Because like you say, everyone will be for sale. Even the players we don't want to sell.

Barnes, Nacho, Castagne, Ndidi, maybe also Ricardo and Daka all are still saleable assets. For that collection, you'd be looking at at least £50m in and big wages off the bill.

So while I agree it's not going to be pretty, and that everyone will be available, I think we can still sell our way out of the worst of the financial situation so we don't end up with only what's left of the academy and then any old freebies we can get. At least for a season...
Maybe we can recreate the team of 2015, that went well.

So while I agree it's not going to be pretty, and that everyone will be available, I think we can still sell our way out of the worst of the financial situation so we don't end up with only what's left of the academy and then any old freebies we can get. At least for a season or ten.
Fixed

Yeah, we easily have £100m+ of saleable assets in players so whilst it certainly won't be pretty, I don't see it as the near death situation that some are making it out to be.

The problem will be if King Power decide to call in their loans or if they are just prepared to sell us to an old lunatic.

I can't see that happening in the near future though as LCFC is the crown jewel in the King Power Group of companies - some will argue it is dragging them down but King Power probably make money off us with the interest they charge on some of their loans.

Owning LCFC also raises their profile hugely in the Western so unless they just decide to go for the quiet life and walk away from it all, I think they will be here for a while yet.

I have to laugh at myself. I’m a grown man feeling down about a stupid game where 22 men kick a bag of wind around trying to get it in nets. It’s weird the things we allow to affect us.

Work tomorrow. At least I won’t have time to bother myself with all this nonsense.

Right then, let's have a look and see where the terrific trio might have an impact?

Saturday 15 April, 2023 | Manchester City A 5:30PM - SKY I think we're all seeing this as a free hit. L.
Saturday 22 April, 2023 | Wolverhampton Wanderers H New Managers, at home, hopefully more grit. W.
Tuesday 25 April, 2023 | Leeds United A 8PM - BT Sport Away, but Leeds are dire at the moment. Confidence from Wolves. W.

MAY

Monday 1 May, 2023 | Everton H 8PM - Sky Sports Dyche has given Everton a lot of grit. D.
Saturday 6 May, 2023 | Fulham A I don't see us winning this, but Fulham should be all comfortable and done. D
Saturday 13 May, 2023 | Liverpool H - Not a chance, L.
Saturday 20 May, 2023 | Newcastle United A - Hopefully Newcastle have secured Top 4 by then, so D.
Sunday 28 May, 2023 | West Ham United H 4:30PM - Crunch game. I really think it might be down to the wire.

(W?)

So -
A (hopeful) total of 12 points. Would that keep us up? What do you think?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663