Remaining Fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Sorry if theres a similiar thread but who has the best "run-in?

Cardiff
BARNSLEY (A)
DERBY (H)
LEEDS (H)
CRYSTAL PALACE (A)

Brighton
READING (H)
WESTHAM (A)
WATFORD(H)
BIRMINGHAM (H)
BARNSLEY (A)

Mboro
DERBY (A)
DONCASTER (H)
SOUTHAMPTON (H)
WATFORD (A)

Blackpool
FOREST (A)
LEEDS (H)
BURNLEY(H)
MILLWALL (A)

Leicester
MILLWALL (A)
BURNLEY (H)
WESTHAM (H)
LEEDS (A)

Cant be bothered listing other potential teams eg Burnley, the league is so unpredictable so its difficult to say who has the hardest run-in, although Brighton imo have hardest. Interesting that all teams are away on last day

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont like our chances of picking up points in the final two games...

The equation remains the same

We have to win all four, and even then it might not be good enough.

No use speculating on anything else until the next three games are out of the way

I dont like our chances of picking up points in the final two games...

I think we can turn over Leeds easily, it's not like they are in good form at the minute either. I think 6 points from the next 2 would see us in 7th, with Boro in 6th, then it depends on our nerve against West Ham. I expect us to comfortably turn over Leeds on the final day.

If there was ever a team that would pi$$ all over our chances of promotion it would be Leeds...especially with Colin in charge.

As Homer said, no point in worrying about any games apart from the next one against Millwall

If there was ever a team that would pi$$ all over our chances of promotion it would be Leeds...especially with Colin in charge.

As Homer said, no point in worrying about any games apart from the next one against Millwall

Why? They didn't do it when they had the chance in our League 1 campaign, we beat them at Elland Rd last season and they are distinctly average this season and have taken a downturn in form since Warnock was handed the reigns. Obviously without doing what's necessary in the preceding fixtures the game will be irrelevant but if we need to turn over Leeds to sneak into the play offs I'm sure we can do it.

Blackpool look to have the easiest run in, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Cardiff slip up some more and indeed all the teams mentioned there have suffered a blip or two of late. Can't believe we are still in contention really. It's tantalisingly close for sure but I still have my doubts.

I think we are in safe hands for the long term either way so I won't be too disappointed if we miss out this time around, let's just hope the Thai's give Nigel time because we have seen some signs of things heading slowly in the right direction of late. Yesterday was a good example, we don't often win at Portman Road! Reading are a great example of why patience will pay off in the end..

I have it on good authority that the tannoy guy has heard it's a done deal that we'll make the playoffs. You heard it here first.

I have it on good authority that the tannoy guy has heard it's a done deal that we'll make the playoffs. You heard it here first.

After he played the FULL version of Layla on Saturday (including the nearly five minute instrumental outro) that guy can do no wrong in my eyes.

We are there already.

If there was ever a team that would pi$$ all over our chances of promotion it would be Leeds...

Are you talking about the Leeds that have only won 2 of their last ten games and 1 of their last eight home games? I can't imagine there will ever be a better opportunity of beating a Colin-team.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the fixtures are confirmed, there is nothing speculative about them.

Why? They didn't do it when they had the chance in our League 1 campaign, we beat them at Elland Rd last season and they are distinctly average this season and have taken a downturn in form since Warnock was handed the reigns. Obviously without doing what's necessary in the preceding fixtures the game will be irrelevant but if we need to turn over Leeds to sneak into the play offs I'm sure we can do it.

Are you talking about the Leeds that have only won 2 of their last ten games and 1 of their last eight home games? I can't imagine there will ever be a better opportunity of beating a Colin-team.

I was basing it on the fact I hate Leeds and colin, so it would annoy me even more if we didnt make the play offs because of them. It has nothing to do with the form they are on.

Although now you have both stated it should be easy we will no doubt lose!

I'd agree that Blackpool have the easier run in, but they're in 5th, we only have to snatch 6th so they can do as they please and it wouldn't be game over. Outscore Cardiff, Brighton and Boro and stay ahead of who's behind us and we have a very good chance. I think Cardiff will slip out of it, whether it's us who replaces them remains to be seen.

I'm pretty certain that we need to win all four - 71/72 points won't be enough - so it looks too tall an order to me. But stranger things have happened - especially with all the contenders away on the last day. In years gone by when away support was not restricted I guess we would have swamped the New Den (well the old Den years ago actually!) - pity times have changed.

Ten minutes to play. Keogh with his back to Bamba, turns and he's lost him, he's one on one with Schmeichel. Hat trick! It's six one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669