Remember the standing area at Filbert St?

Would you like to have standing back in grounds?

• Yes

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted yes, not for me as I have family, but for the atmosphere

leicesterfan said:
http://www.standupsitdown.co.uk/

saw this on foxestalk, we have lost atmosphere, bring back standing!!

The problem with standupsitdown is that they want people to be allowed to stand in front of their seats - which in most grounds is more dangerous than proper safe standing areas.
Many of the injuries in football grounds these days are injuries to the lower leg caused by people falling forward over the seat in front, trapping their leg as they fall, or from people who have fallen off a seat they've been standing on because they can't see past the person in front who was standing.

If we're going to bring back standing, which I think should happen, the only way to do it is to have proper safe standing areas.

I didn't know that. Bless them, they want to sit down when they are tired do they?

One or the other

the only way it should be allowed is if the srtands are modified to allow it. as webbos said, if some one falls over the seat in front of them it won't only cause them a lot of pain but also the person/people in front of them. would you want a big bloke falling on you/pushing you over in the stands? i wouldn't, and imagine if it's a child that's in the way.

i think seating is the safest way to go and will please the majority.

maybe when we see the whole of L1 fall over in a domino-efect inceident people will think twice about standing for the whole match.

also i imagine seating makes it easier for shorter people to see just as much as us taller people. after all, they pay just as much for their ticket.

seating is safer and fairer IMO

Last edited:
The only reason people want standing back is for lower prices.

I stood for years, and I cannot see what is so good about it. Surges, losing your mates, trying to stay on your feet when we scored......

Nathan said:
the only way it should be allowed is if the srtands are modified to allow it. as webbos said, if some one falls over the seat in front of them it won't only cause them a lot of pain but also the person/people in front of them. would you want a big bloke falling on you/pushing you over in the stands? i wouldn't, and imagine if it's a child that's in the way.

i think seating is the safest way to go and will please the majority.

maybe when we see the whole of L1 fall over in a domino-efect inceident people will think twice about standing for the whole match.

also i imagine seating makes it easier for shorter people to see just as much as us taller people. after all, they pay just as much for their ticket.

seating is safer and fairer IMO

No one will be forced to go in a standing area if they don't want to. At the moment it's not fair to someone who wants to sit if the person in front stands up, so it would be better for everyone if there was proper safe terracing.

i think people in the seats would still stand up for periods though, that won't go away

Boy Genius said:
The only reason people want standing back is for lower prices.

I stood for years, and I cannot see what is so good about it. Surges, losing your mates, trying to stay on your feet when we scored......

Maybe the reason you stood at games was for lower prices?

I stood because I liked it.

I would gladly pay the same price for standing as seating as long as the area was covered which sadly in the old days many of the standing areas weren't.

Nathan said:
i think people in the seats would still stand up for periods though, that won't go away

But at least the people who want to stand up for the whole match will be able to do so. Surely giving people the choice would be better than what we've got now?

Boy Genius said:
I stood for years, and I cannot see what is so good about it. Surges, trying to stay on your feet when we scored......
That is exactly what was good about it. :icon_razz
I'd go to more games if I could stand.

MKFox said:
That is exactly what was good about it. :icon_razz
I'd go to more games if I could stand.

Seconded!!

I have sat near people in the KOP and have been amazed when they seem upset about someone who gets passionate about what they are seeing on the pitch. They usually have their family with them and wish the passionate fan to stop using bad langauge. I would tell them to fook off down into the family area where they actually belong. The KOP is not a KOP anymore that is why we have lost atmosphere down at the ground. Again when I have been down down to watch City and borrwed my bro's wife's season ticket and we have scored there is three old chaps, blanket over them to keep warm, flask of coffee, who sit behind them, who tell us to sit down so they can see, they can fook off too.

Sorry rant over.

Bring back standing!!!

webmaster said:
But at least the people who want to stand up for the whole match will be able to do so. Surely giving people the choice would be better than what we've got now?

maybe but then if we ever get back into the premiership we will have a section of the ground which will be unavailable due to the rules? making the club miss out on income

It won't happen. The angle of Leicesters ground is too much to allow standing. I read this in a TD interview somewhere.

Babylon said:
It won't happen. The angle of Leicesters ground is too much to allow standing. I read this in a TD interview somewhere.

i remember that too.

so unless a section of the stadium is completely re-vamped, it wont happen

Nathan said:
i remember that too.

so unless a section of the stadium is completely re-vamped, it wont happen

But the question was would you like to see standing reintroduced? Not, will it happen? The answer to that one is :- Very unlikely.

The club actually officially backs the stand up sit down campaign

Nathan said:
maybe but then if we ever get back into the premiership we will have a section of the ground which will be unavailable due to the rules? making the club miss out on income

The whole point is to get the law changed so standing will be allowed in the Premiership and the Championship. The division we're in doesn't make any difference, we're not allowed to have a standing area in this division anyway, and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be allowed to even if we got relegated.

webmaster said:
The problem with standupsitdown is that they want people to be allowed to stand in front of their seats - which in most grounds is more dangerous than proper safe standing areas.
Many of the injuries in football grounds these days are injuries to the lower leg caused by people falling forward over the seat in front, trapping their leg as they fall, or from people who have fallen off a seat they've been standing on because they can't see past the person in front who was standing.

If we're going to bring back standing, which I think should happen, the only way to do it is to have proper safe standing areas.

Or, webbo, as I found out after Leicester's equaliser against Palace in the play off final, if you stand up and then sit down NOT NOTICING that the chair has flipped up, you get a nasty 8 stiches lash down your back and miss the next 10 minutes of the match!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669