Reserves take on Rotherham

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1162288,00.html

The reserve teams better lined up then our fecking first team, we have so many players and some on these might as well be given a game because the first team can only get injuried.

i would like to see some of these players feature on saturday

From the OS. :icon_wink

Second String Take On Rotherham
Posted on: Wed 07 Nov 2007

Leicester City's reserve side take on Rotherham United at the Marston's Stadium in the Pontin's League Cup tonight (Wednesday).

Eric Odhiambo is included in the starting line-up to take on the Millers after returning from his loan spell at Southend United.

The Foxes second string have won two and lost one of their three games in the Pontin's League Cup, running out 2-1 winners at Sheffield United last time around.

Kick-off is at 7pm.

City: Nielsen, Kaebi, Cox, Hellings, Garner, Rowe Turner, Ferriera, Hayes, McKay, Odhiambo, Djeziri

Subs: Chambers A, Pentney, Howard, Cobb, Burns

Is that 4 wingers/wing backs?

Hopefully Hayes will come through unscathed as he was starting to look useful before he got injured, and Sheehan needs help!

How many Kaebi lovers will be down there tonight to give us some feedback on this Iranian maestro? (As opposed to a Austin maestro;))

Won 2-1 with McKay getting the first and Hellings the second.

Just got back from the game

Last edited:
I didn't see Bilborough Fox there tonight either. I thought he said he went to all the games, the liar!

From the OS. :icon_wink

Reserves Edge Out Millers In Pontin's Cup
Posted on: Wed 07 Nov 2007

Leicester City's second string made tough work of Rotherham United as they overcame the Millers 2-1 at the Marston's Stadium on Wednesday evening.

Steve Beaglehole's side saw early chances limited. A long range effort from Adda Djeziri was the closest City came to opening the scoring, but the shot caused no danger to Millers goalkeeper Jamie Annerson.

The Foxes did make the breakthrough on 23 minutes; a Djeziri header found it's way behind the Rotherham defence where Billy McKay was quickest to react to put the home side 1-0 ahead.

The visitors pushed forward in search of an equaliser and should have been level at the break. A run from Nick van Eijsden down the left ended with a low shot just wide of Jimmy Nielsen's goal.

Leicester doubled their advantage on 58 minutes. Jonathon Hayes made a darting run into the Rotherham box before finding Sergio Hellings in front of goal who was able to force the ball over the line.

Rotherham pulled a goal back fifteen minutes later. City failed to clear a cross from the left and Jamie Yates was able to control the ball before finding the bottom corner of the net.

Despite this the Foxes managed to hold out and make it three wins from four in the Pontin's League Cup.

Leicester City return to Pontin's League action on Monday 12 November when they host Walsall at the Walkers Stadium.

City: Nielsen (Pentney 55), Kaebi, Cox, Hellings, Garner, Rowe Turner, Ferriera (Howard 81), Hayes, McKay, Odhiambo, Djeziri (Chambers A 68)
Unused Subs: Cobb, Burns

we seem to have plenty of midfielders in the reserves so why are we not giving them a game? Surely they'd be better than strikers and defenders playing out of position? It just doesn't make sense to me. :icon_conf

we seem to have plenty of midfielders in the reserves so why are we not giving them a game? Surely they'd be better than strikers and defenders playing out of position? It just doesn't make sense to me. :icon_conf

Watching our 1st team and then the reserves, I am baffled as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669