Rhys and Macky discuss ISPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys

Dont be so sure they're gonna fix it either

I used to post on another football forum and ever since I switched ISP to Sky Broadband (over 6 months ago!!), I havent been able to access that site. All I get now is an 'Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage' message :098:

Last edited:
Re: Urgent Help For Silver Fox

Dont be so sure they're gonna fix it either

I used to post on another football forum and ever since I switched ISP to Sky Broadband (over 6 months ago!!), I havent been able to access that site. All I get now is an 'Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage' message :098:

Unlikely to be a DNS problem, which site is it Rhys?

*edit* Shit, just realised this is the support forum, sorry Jeff

Last edited:

Unlikely to be a DNS problem, which site is it Rhys?

*edit* Shit, just realised this is the support forum, sorry Jeff

www.footiethreads.com

At the time I spoke to a few people from the site over MSN and they didnt have a clue why I couldnt access the site either. Just one of those things I guess :icon_roll

www.footiethreads.com

At the time I spoke to a few people from the site over MSN and they didnt have a clue why I couldnt access the site either. Just one of those things I guess :icon_roll
I had a similar issue once, just cleared out the cookies for the site and it was fine....

I had a similar issue once, just cleared out the cookies for the site and it was fine....

I tried everything when it first broke. Deleted all history and cookies on my computer and since then my computer has been formatted anyway and it still wont work. And I dont think its a problem with this computer as the website wont load on 3 other computers here either. :eek:

Nope, exactly the same thing happens as with the football forum. Goes to a white page with the loading bar at the bottom and it seems as if its just taking a while to load. Then I get the 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' message

That site is the company that's hosting footiethreads so it could be that Sky are blocking everything being hosted by that company.

Can you get to http://66.29.77.135/?

That site is the company that's hosting footiethreads so it could be that Sky are blocking everything being hosted by that company.

Can you get to http://66.29.77.135/?

Nope, cant get onto that one either

Try going to one of these sites & enter in www.footiethreads.com

ibypass.net

demonproxy

Tried both of those and it worked both times! Gonna give Sky a ring later on and try find out why the hosting website is being blocked and if they can unblock it. If not, I'll just have to use one of the sites above to get onto footiethreads

Legend! Cheers Macky :038:

Tried both of those and it worked both times! Gonna give Sky a ring later on and try find out why the hosting website is being blocked and if they can unblock it. If not, I'll just have to use one of the sites above to get onto footiethreads

Graypics do cheap, shared hosting so it's possible that Sky have had complaints about a site they were hosting & have just put a blanket ban in place.
To be honest I'd doubt if you'll get any joy from them, they'll probably tell you to reboot your PC. :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669