Right Wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislcfc18

I wonder if Scowcrofts position in the team is in doubt as MA says on the official site that Harper is a natural right winger and thats what the team needs. Sounds like he is dropping a subtle hint.

More liek the Green Wing

Scowcroft will probably be moved over to the left to make way for Harper on the right.

Think the team will line up something like this (guess)

Walker

Tiatto
Heath
dabizas
???

Stewart
Scowcroft
Williams
Harper

Connelly
Dublin

Walker
Canero
Dabizas
Keown
Makin
Harper
Nalis
Gemmill
Scowcroft
Connolly
Dublin

Pressman
Heath
Williams
Gudjohnsson
Benjamin

Not the team I'd like to see but the team I think MA will go for.

Hopefully he will pick an unchanged team for the game on tuesday. except bringing walker back in obviously.

Wilson said:
Hopefully he will pick an unchanged team for the game on tuesday. except bringing walker back in obviously.

Pressman will play.

Tiatto will play left back - and that will be the only change

Walker out for at least 4 weeks. Heath out for a while as well. Be interesting to see if young Stearman is on the bench as cover for the old man. 8)
Is it really necessary to make wholesale changes? :roll: By the sounds of things on Saturday in the second half City started playing as a team. Why not let it continue for at least the next 45 minutes if all are fit. (I know it means leaving Stewart, Scowcroft and Dabizas on.) It might just install a bit of confidence in the players.
As for dropping Pieman for Walks, why? Did he do anything at the weekend to warrant dropping? :roll:

xsubmariner said:
Walker out for at least 4 weeks. Heath out for a while as well. Be interesting to see if young Stearman is on the bench as cover for the old man. 8)
Is it really necessary to make wholesale changes? :roll: By the sounds of things on Saturday in the second half City started playing as a team. Why not let it continue for at least the next 45 minutes if all are fit. (I know it means leaving Stewart, Scowcroft and Dabizas on.) It might just install a bit of confidence in the players.
As for dropping Pieman for Walks, why? Did he do anything at the weekend to warrant dropping? :roll:

He did an outrageous fart which offended me and my nose.

Joe_Fox said:
More liek the Green Wing

I prefer West Wing :!:

Line up for Tuesday

Pressman

Makin
Dabizas
Keown
Tiatto

Harper
Nalis
Williams
Gemmill

Wright
Connolly

Subs

Logan
Dublin
Benji
Gudjohnsson
Stearman

Doubt MA will agree

Neither would I

Drop Dublin after scoring, and Scowcroft doesn't even appear on the bench after completing a game in a winning team

Bonkers - but it's only opinions

Pieman is nowhere near as good as Walker except in one area and that is his distribution of the ball.

Walker ALWAYS hoofs the ball up field but several times on Saturday Pieman did quick throw outs to the wide men or just tapped the ball back into play. I
This made us pass the ball more as it started on the ground rather than in the air.
We still dont seem to have confidence in out ability to bring the ball down and play the game (Mind you this was one area where i think williams is very good!) which is odd when we have such an experiences and quality team.

The one area where he does worry me is his speed out of the blocks i have a feeling he could be easily caught out here. A Couple of times simple back passes had him scrambling to beat the Rotherham strikers who picked up on this weakness and tried to close him down.

I have to say he performed better than i thought he would.

Pressman

Makin
Keown
Dabizas
Tiatto

Harper
Nalis
Williams
Scowcroft

Dublin
Connolly

Id put my mortgage on it!

Wilson said:
It'll be dublin and connelly up front tomorrow.

As it should be!

Connelly needs to bag a goal to get his confidence up, hopefully he should get one tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669