RIP Thatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be getting very close, looking out of the office window I'm getting worried I might not be prepared.

The thought of you preparing yourself for TM fills me with disgust.

Aaah now, that's bad form lads, you've soured it for this year now

Reports coming in of double figure temperatures over the weekend, no details yet on the possibility of a Monday follow through.

Why? It is wholly correct.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Popillius I am glad to see you allying yourself with Macky. This can only be helpful..

I have often disagreed strongly with Macky but I have never doubted his intelligence and take his posts seriously. I cannot imagine him complaining that people who disagree do so because they are lacking in "cranium capacity" or because they are "an ignoramus"; using obscenities instead of ideas or including a phrase as absurd as "cancerous polyp of the anus of Britain."

What on earth are you talking about? For such a sensible poster (normally) this is a ludicrous statement. I may agree with someone without having to converge towards their linguistic choices. If I mirrored the modes of communication used by everybody who's intelligence I respect I would only ever rehash somebody else's words.

Whether you agree with my vision of Thatcherism and the blight this caused or not is entirely up to you. The language I choose to deliver my ideas about this however, is not.

I didn't ally myself to Macky, I just happen to think he posts intelligent comments most of the time. The fact that he may be less vitriolic than I appear to be (to you) should not detract from the validity of the points made.

I will repeat, I normally enjoy your posts. There are elements of your language, form and structure that may drive me bonkers sometimes but that doesn't or shouldn't take precedent over the content of them.

Popillius I am glad to see you allying yourself with Macky. This can only be helpful..

I have often disagreed strongly with Macky but I have never doubted his intelligence and take his posts seriously. I cannot imagine him complaining that people who disagree do so because they are lacking in "cranium capacity" or because they are "an ignoramus"; using obscenities instead of ideas or including a phrase as absurd as "cancerous polyp of the anus of Britain."

For the record, I didn't say that anyone who disagreed with me was lacking in cranium capacity did I. I made this comment to one individual about one aspect of one debate.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

What on earth are you talking about? For such a sensible poster (normally) this is a ludicrous statement. I may agree with someone without having to converge towards their linguistic choices. If I mirrored the modes of communication used by everybody who's intelligence I respect I would only ever rehash somebody else's words.

Whether you agree with my vision of Thatcherism and the blight this caused or not is entirely up to you. The language I choose to deliver my ideas about this however, is not.

I didn't ally myself to Macky, I just happen to think he posts intelligent comments most of the time. The fact that he may be less vitriolic than I appear to be (to you) should not detract from the validity of the points made.

I will repeat, I normally enjoy your posts. There are elements of your language, form and structure that may drive me bonkers sometimes but that doesn't or shouldn't take precedent over the content of them.

"Whose"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570