Rob Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueThru&Thru

Don't know if this has already been mentioned so I aplogise if it has.
I know RK has only been in charge for three games but to those peole on here who have been to all 3 or a couple of those games does it look like we are playing a lot better (more attractive) football?
I can't get to too many games these days due to work commitments so I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks guys&gals

BlueThru&Thru said:
I know RK has only been in charge for three games but to those peole on here who have been to all 3 or a couple of those games does it look like we are playing a lot better (more attractive) football?
I can't get to too many games these days due to work commitments so I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks guys&gals

I went to Southampton and Wolves and am going Derby aswell by the looks of it. Against Southampton in particular I remember thinking we did look a bit better even though we lost that one 1-0. I think Rob Kelly will keep us up, fingers crossed and all that..

We seem to be a bit stronger, not neccesarily more skillful, but we seem to have a lot more about us. Still look edgy at the back though, although I personally think this is because the defence don't have much confidene in Rab, so they feel they have to get everything.

BlueThru&Thru said:

He's been in charge for 4 games. Southampton was awful, QPR was better, but still a lot of hoofing, Wolves was a game of two poor sides, their keeper gifted us a goal, and we were poor for 85 minutes at Brighton.

What does seem to have changed is the attitude and commitment of the players, and maybe Kelly's had a bit of luck that we didn't get earlier in the season.

webmaster said:
He's been in charge for 4 games. Southampton was awful, QPR was better, but still a lot of hoofing, Wolves was a game of two poor sides, their keeper gifted us a goal, and we were poor for 85 minutes at Brighton.

What does seem to have changed is the attitude and commitment of the players, and maybe Kelly's had a bit of luck that we didn't get earlier in the season.

In fairness we controlled the game at Loftus Road, just two silly bouts of defending nearly cost us dear.

Last edited:
beighton155 said:
We seem to be a bit stronger, not neccesarily more skillful, but we seem to have a lot more about us. Still look edgy at the back though, although I personally think this is because the defence don't have much confidene in Rab, so they feel they have to get everything.

In Fairness this may also be down to the fact wesolowski has been playing.

Congratulations to Kelly and Stowell,hardly the most exciting choice but probably the most sensible.I hope he proves to be a Success.
Perhaps Neil Lennon joining Kelly in the Summer has Player/Coach? would be good IMO.

Last edited:
alex said:
In fairness we controlled the game at Loftus Road, just two silly bouts of defending nearly cost us dear.

Same at Brighton, just swap the silly defending for a flapping keeper. :icon_roll

the best decision the club have made in a long time. thanks to their choice im now rolling in vcash, anywhere i can exchange some for a soft toy or a cap gun?

matt_c0nn0lly said:
the best decision the club have made in a long time. thanks to their choice im now rolling in vcash, anywhere i can exchange some for a soft toy or a cap gun?

Since sacking CL?

BlueThru&Thru said:
Regarding CL, can anyone name anything he has to offer a club, that would benefit them?
(on a serious note!)
i've heared hes upgrading his lawnmower in the summer,so they could have his old one. would be good for doing the goalmouth:icon_conf

highland fox said:
Congratulations to Kelly and Stowell,hardly the most exciting choice but probably the most sensible.I hope he proves to be a Success.
Perhaps Neil Lennon joining Kelly in the Summer has Player/Coach? would be good IMO.

Good shout HF I'm with you on that choice.:038: :038: :038:

BlueThru&Thru said:
Regarding CL, can anyone name anything he has to offer a club, that would benefit them?
(on a serious note!)

He's a proven SPL Manager so I'd imagine he'd have a lot to offer a SPL club.

CL, has bought some decent players into the squad, IMO the club is in better shape than when he took over, except for league position, although he seemed to have a fairly decent eye for a player, he just didnt seem to be able to get what is a good squad in this division to perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669