Confirmed Transfer Robert Huth

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

[h=3]Leicester City have moved to bolster their defensive options with the addition of centre-back Robert Huth on loan from Stoke City until the end of the 2014/15 Barclays Premier League season.[/h]The 30-year-old German will wear squad no.14 and adds a wealth of Premier League experience to Nigel Pearson’s defensive line as they look to mount a successful bid for survival.

With power, pedigree and presence, the 6ft 3ins defender becomes City’s third signing of the transfer window after striker Andrej Kramarić and former Middlesbrough team-mate Mark Schwarzer, and will hope to re-establish his reputation as one of the most formidable defenders in the league.

In a career that began at Chelsea in 2002, Huth’s considerable talents have seen him secure two Premier League titles during Jose Mourinho's first spell at Stamford Bridge, as well as representing his country on 19 occasions, including during the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

Huth made his Chelsea bow at the age of 17 under Claudio Ranieri, and despite initially finding his playing time limited as he battled it out with the likes of John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho for a place in the starting XI, he did enough to earn a move to Middlesbrough for a reported fee of £6 million in 2006.

During Huth’s first two seasons at the Riverside Stadium, injuries restricted his playing time, but he bounced back with some typically commanding and impressive performances in 2008/09.

Huth earned a number of Premier League admirers and his services were secured in August 2009 by Stoke, where he went on to establish himself as an important part of the team as well as being popular on the terraces. Huth’s partnership with Stoke skipper Ryan Shawcross at the heart of the Potters’ defence has proved to be a solid foundation for success at the Britannia Stadium in recent seasons – becoming one of the most feared defensive pairings in the league.

In total Huth has almost 250 career appearances in the Premier League to his name, and will hope to add to that total with the Foxes between now the end of May.

He will serve the second game of a two-match suspension when City host Crystal Palace at King Power Stadium on Saturday and will be available for selection for the first time next Tuesday when the Foxes travel to Arsenal.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/robert-huth-signs-leicester-city-loan-deal-2242563.aspx

I think this is a sensible loan signing. Basically you can't have too many viable central defenders.

Of course there is always the danger that Nigel might get his Was's and Wes's mixed up and drop the wrong one if Huth happens to get selected. Perhaps I can make a helpful selection awhich is taking account of Nigel's general popularity with supporters - could someone else be designated to pick the team? Obviously this doesn't need to be made public so everyone's happy.

Welcome Bobby

Leicester City have moved to bolster their defensive options with the addition of centre-back Robert Huth on loan from Stoke City until the end of the 2014/15 Barclays Premier League season.

The 30-year-old German will wear squad no.14 and adds a wealth of Premier League experience to Nigel Pearson’s defensive line as they look to mount a successful bid for survival.

With power, pedigree and presence, the 6ft 3ins defender becomes City’s third signing of the transfer window after striker Andrej Kramarić and former Middlesbrough team-mate Mark Schwarzer, and will hope to re-establish his reputation as one of the most formidable defenders in the league.

In a career that began at Chelsea in 2002, Huth’s considerable talents have seen him secure two Premier League titles during Jose Mourinho's first spell at Stamford Bridge, as well as representing his country on 19 occasions, including during the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

Huth made his Chelsea bow at the age of 17 under Claudio Ranieri, and despite initially finding his playing time limited as he battled it out with the likes of John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho for a place in the starting XI, he did enough to earn a move to Middlesbrough for a reported fee of £6 million in 2006.

During Huth’s first two seasons at the Riverside Stadium, injuries restricted his playing time, but he bounced back with some typically commanding and impressive performances in 2008/09.

Huth earned a number of Premier League admirers and his services were secured in August 2009 by Stoke, where he went on to establish himself as an important part of the team as well as being popular on the terraces. Huth’s partnership with Stoke skipper Ryan Shawcross at the heart of the Potters’ defence has proved to be a solid foundation for success at the Britannia Stadium in recent seasons – becoming one of the most feared defensive pairings in the league.

In total Huth has almost 250 career appearances in the Premier League to his name, and will hope to add to that total with the Foxes between now the end of May.

He will serve the second game of a two-match suspension when City host Crystal Palace at King Power Stadium on Saturday and will be available for selection for the first time next Tuesday when the Foxes travel to Arsenal.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/robert-huth-signs-leicester-city-loan-deal-2242563.aspx

Last edited:
I would like to see him replace Wes Morgan after he has served his ban - whether or not Pearson has the balls to drop his captain or not remains to be seen.

Last edited:
I would like to see him replace Wes Morgan for the weekend - whether or not Pearson has the balls to drop his captain or not remains to be seen.

I think he's still suspended for this weekend but I agree that he should be replacing Wes as opposed to Was.

Kinda makes the Upson signing even more pointless now though.

Moore being linked with a move away, but the club have blocked this. He must be 4th/5th choice now. The club looking beyond this season?

Loan move would be good for him to keep playing at an important time in his development but we definitely should not be selling Moore.

Loan move would be good for him to keep playing at an important time in his development but we definitely should not be selling Moore.

I agree, and my post wasn't clear. He's being linked with a loan move, but this has been blocked by the club. Seems odd to me.

I agree, and my post wasn't clear. He's being linked with a loan move, but this has been blocked by the club. Seems odd to me.

Ah right, so long as there is a recall option in place this would surely be the best move for all parties involved.

Get him playing in the Championship again and get his confidence up again though tbh, I didn't think he really did much to deserve dropping in the first place.

Ah right, so long as there is a recall option in place this would surely be the best move for all parties involved.

Get him playing in the Championship again and get his confidence up again though tbh, I didn't think he really did much to deserve dropping in the first place.

He was excellent for us last season but has found wanting this season I feel. I think he was dropped after the Swansea game where he was awful. He was also not up to scratch against Spurs in the FA Cup for the part of that he played.

Hopefully he does some talking on the pitch, Wes is hardly the inspired leader.

I would like to see him replace Wes Morgan after he has served his ban - whether or not Pearson has the balls to drop his captain or not remains to be seen.

I'm still waiting for him to have the balls to drop Vardy.

I'm still waiting for him to have the balls to drop Vardy.

I can understand your thinking, but I don't think Pearson needs the negative publicity at the moment, maybe just stick his leg out when he walks past?

Kinda makes the Upson signing even more pointless now though.

Your "even more" might make people think that you already believed that the signing was pointless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469