• Sack Rodgers immediately

Votes: 48 78.7%
  • Give him the Forest game then reassess

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Give him the next three games then reassess

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Sausage

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Other (please add comment to elaborate)

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You couldn't blame Little for leaving. I was at the game when he came back shortly after with Villa and he got an awful reception. But when you hear that the club couldn't/wouldn't buy Gary Charles and Tommy Johnson after we got promoted, he was on a hiding to nothing. And Villa were/are his club.

Little's achievement of getting us to 3 play-off finals in a row was amazing. David Elleray, Steve White, and Paul Bodin are still all ****s for ruining that comeback against Swindon.
I dread to think how many rows forward I ended up after we made it 3-3. It was carnage in there.

I dread to think how many rows forward I ended up after we made it 3-3. It was carnage in there.

Me too.

I've never experienced anything like that moment and I still cannot reconcile what happened. I lost control entirely and, without moving my legs, ended up about 50 feet from where I was sitting.

It will always be my favourite moment in any game I've been at. Multiple winning goals and trophies since haven't come close.

Me too.

I've never experienced anything like that moment and I still cannot reconcile what happened. I lost control entirely and, without moving my legs, ended up about 50 feet from where I was sitting.

It will always be my favourite moment in any game I've been at. Multiple winning goals and trophies since haven't come close.
I was 12. It was formative. That Thomson equaliser…..

Was absolutely gutted at the end too.

Incredible game, half the stadium red and the other half blue, when we scored the third it was complete, undiluted euphoria.

Me too.

I think the nearest I’ve got to it as a single moment was Ulloa’s winner against Norwich in the title winning season, where I thought I was going to pass out. But as a single moment, the euphoria in that stand and the carnage that followed was without equal. I was 17, fairly drunk and the stand became a terrace, even though it wasn’t one. It was brutal and brilliant in equal measure.

I think the nearest I’ve got to it as a single moment was Ulloa’s winner against Norwich in the title winning season, where I thought I was going to pass out. But as a single moment, the euphoria in that stand and the carnage that followed was without equal. I was 17, fairly drunk and the stand became a terrace, even though it wasn’t one. It was brutal and brilliant in equal measure.
The only other one that came close was Walshy in 94. I wasn’t there for Claridge.

The only other one that came close was Walshy in 94. I wasn’t there for Claridge.
I was there for the Walsh goal. Seems strange to say it, as we obviously won that game, but as a moment the equaliser against Swindon was unmatched. Like ecstasy on acid.

Funny that even though we lost, the Swindon match is still my favourite match I've been to. Loved Thompson and his finish for the equaliser was sublime. Don't think I'll ever go from so happy to so sad in one day again. It was just bizarre.

The logical part of my brain knows this couldn’t really have happened. But I swear, when that Claridge shot went in there was a nanosecond of computer silence before myself and everyone around me erupted. Again , I realize that doesn’t sound logical. I was at the game with my dad and he says he experienced it too.

The logical part of my brain knows this couldn’t really have happened. But I swear, when that Claridge shot went in there was a nanosecond of computer silence before myself and everyone around me erupted. Again , I realize that doesn’t sound logical. I was at the game with my dad and he says he experienced it too.
We were right behind the goal on the front row and I'm sure we actually heard the ball hit the net before the eruption, I think everyone thought the ball was not going in

In a sliding doors moment, it would be fun to see if Kalac would have been a super-sub in the shootout.

The logical part of my brain knows this couldn’t really have happened. But I swear, when that Claridge shot went in there was a nanosecond of computer silence before myself and everyone around me erupted. Again , I realize that doesn’t sound logical. I was at the game with my dad and he says he experienced it too

I've had years to think about it & re-examine it. You're absolutely right. I felt it too. My girlfriend at the time actually mentioned it on the train home. We were almost directly in line with the ball as it hit the net. But thats the key I think. It DIDN'T actually hit the net. I worked it out after watching the replay later. It hit the metal support that holds up the end of the net & dropped down to the ground.
The net didn't bulge as it does 99 times out of 100 when a goal is scored. That fraction of a second delay in the celebration was caused by that. I've talked to lots of people since who experienced it in the same way. It was probably added to psychologically by the substitution too, we were all mentally preparing for the shootout & lost our concentration on the game momentarily. Add all that together & time stood still.

In a sliding doors moment, it would be fun to see if Kalac would have been a super-sub in the shootout.
My gut feeling is that sliding doors moment would have seen us spend another season in the 2nd tier.

The Palace players would just have put every penalty in the bottom corner & the lumbering oaf wouldn't have got near them.

Except for the last one. They'd have put that straight down the middle & it would've bounced off his hip, into his hands & he'd have dropped it over the line.

Kalac was a useless twat.

I think I was only about 11 at the time but that's pretty much exactly how I remember it too.

Seemed to be silence from when it left his boot until a second after it hit the net.

Surreal but amazing feeling!

Which figure, he was asked, was a fabrication? The £10m a year that has been much cited? At which his frustrations came rapidly to the surface.

“It’s nowhere near,” he snapped. “I actually think it is a disrespectful question, very disrespectful. I never asked you how much money you are on or whether there is any blockage in your role from your owners. I don’t think you need to worry about my wages. If there is a stumbling block in anything, you need to ask the owners that. It’s a disgraceful question.”

"whether there is any blockage in your role from your owners"

What does this mean? I've not heard any rumors about this?

Hahaha he really wants to be sacked doesn’t he?

I just don’t buy a single ounce of his bullshit. When Pearson had one of his meltdowns it was because it was always bubbling under the surface. He’s a bloke with a set of principles and while I wouldn’t claim to understand the man you could always make a case for why he did certain things.

Rodgers is a shyster. A snake oil merchant. A pseudo intellectual, gaslightling pillock.

In any walk of life, people get angry and defensive when they get called out on doing a bad job. Rodgers is no different. Aspects of his character remind me of the type of bloke who cheats on his girlfriend, treats her like shit and then acts the victim after it all comes crashing down. We all know someone like that. I genuinely believe he wants to be fired and paid off but doesn’t want any of the shambles of the last year or two to be attributed to him.

I can’t ****ing stand him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572