Speculation Rosenior in and Peltier out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merc

Defender Lee Peltier could be on his way to Leeds United and Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has turned his attention to Hull right-back Liam Rosenior as his squad rebuilding continues.
Leeds want Peltier and will offer £500,000 for the 25-year-old Scouser, who joined City last summer in a £750,000 move from Huddersfield Town.

Peltier was a virtual ever-present last season under both Sven-Goran Eriksson and then Pearson.
But Pearson wants to bring in his own players for what he sees as a crucially important campaign next season.
Pearson will then move for Rosenior as he continues to build his own City squad for next season's promotion push.
The City boss rates the 27-year-old former England Under-21 international highly and will try to prise him away from the KC Stadium.
However, City know it will take all their powers of persuasion to convince the Tigers' owners to do any business with their former boss.
Rosenior is coming into the last year of his deal and has yet to open talks with Hull over a new contract as they have yet to appoint Nick Barmby's successor.
Moves for Hull winger Cameron Stewart were rebuffed last January and City have also been linked with Tigers pair Robert Koren and James Chester, who Pearson is a big fan of.
Meanwhile, Matt Mills' possible switch to Scottish champions Celtic has stalled.
City have rejected Celtic's offer of a cash-plus-swap deal involving former Nottingham Forest defender Kelvin Wilson.
Instead, City want a straight £3million fee for the defender, who arrived last summer in a deal that was reported to be potentially worth £5m.
But Celtic do not want to pay that much for the 25-year-old and instead have now suggested a year-long loan, and have offered to pay all of Mills' wages, believed to be in the region of between £22,000 and £25,000 a week.
Celtic boss, and former City midfielder, Neil Lennon wants to get the majority of his squad strengthening done early so his new arrivals have time to settle in before they kick off their Champions League campaign in August.
Landing a central defender is a priority for the Hoops, but if a deal cannot be reached with City over Mills, then Celtic may switch their attention elsewhere.
Meanwhile, the Mercury has learned that City are one of five Championship clubs who have expressed an interest in Reading striker Simon Church.
Crystal Palace, Watford, Bolton and Brighton have enquired about the availability of the 23-year-old Wales international.
Church has a year left on his current contract with the Royals but has fallen down the pecking order at the Madejski Stadium, and may find his opportunities limited next season in the Premier League.

He is the player that broke Cunningham's leg so I wouldn't be too surprised if the city fans were giving him plenty of stick.

Said towards the end of the season that he'd be a good addition to our squad. Wouldn't mind this signing at all and Peltier's season as a whole wasn't exactly fantastic.

Would make a nice change if local journalists (seemingly from both Hull and Leicester) stopped putting two and two together to make something approaching 3,122, just to fill their rags with complete and utter twaddle

Would make a nice change if local journalists (seemingly from both Hull and Leicester) stopped putting two and two together to make something approaching 3,122, just to fill their rags with complete and utter twaddle

Made all the worse by Stringer asking awkward questions to the player directly on Twitter. 'I know you can't answer this BUT......'.

Tosser.

We definitely need to look elsewhere for a right back, Peltier is just not up to it. I don't mind him staying to fight for his place as there is clearly something there but somebody like Rosenior, who Pearson knows and trusts, would be a much better fit at the moment. Get Shorey in too and we could be onto a winner.

EDIT: I've forgotten about De Laet already.

Last edited:
If we have got De Latt and Liam Moore as competition, why do we need Rosenior as well ?

Because he's ****ing Pelts off, and rightly so.

All the tweeters begging him not to leave and telling him he is the best RB in the Championship.

Do any of these morons go to games or are they all after retweets?

I mean seriously what do you even gain from a retweet? - Apart from slight exposure to the retweeters followers?

Twitter is just the famous vs the wannabe famous.

Last edited:
Lee Peltier is a plain, plain average hard-working right back for Championship level.

Somewhere like Peterborough, or our bench, would be ideal for him.

He had an ok campaign. After a very good start for us he fell back. He's a decent prospect still and would be good back up. What unnerves me and probably Pearson too, are the rumours about him wanting an improved deal on his contract already.

He had an ok campaign. After a very good start for us he fell back. He's a decent prospect still and would be good back up. What unnerves me and probably Pearson too, are the rumours about him wanting an improved deal on his contract already.

Get rid. He's scored a few but he can't defend properly. Bye, Pelts.

He was pretty garbage last year. Wouldn't bothered if he went and we got someone else in. Not sure I rate Rosenior as a better player though..

He was a total disgrace against West Ham at our place, he must have been in dream land if he thought that gave him leverage for a new conract, nearly as ridiculous as Paul mcshane playing int football.

All the tweeters begging him not to leave and telling him he is the best RB in the Championship.

Do any of these morons go to games or are they all after retweets?

Or, maybe they just have a different opinion to yourself and couldn't give a **** about being retweeted.

I mean seriously what do you even gain from a retweet?

Absolutely **** all, but you haven't established that any of them were hoping to be retweeted

Twitter is just the famous vs the wannabe famous.

See, now you're just talking nonsense Kingster. That barely makes any sense and certainly isn't true

Is this after Stewart,Chester and Pogba from Man Utd?Mancini must be so envious of NP"s war chest!

Originally Posted by Si Nick
If we have got De Laat and Liam Moore as competition, why do we need Rosenior as well ?

Because he's ****ing Pelts off, and rightly so.

Surely don't need 3 right backs, would have thought De Laat would be first choice having gained a years worth of Championship experience during loan spells, with Moore as back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669