Rugby World Cup 2023

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Anyone been watching this? Fiji beat Australia but have tonight become the first team to ever lose a World Cup game to Portugal. They still go through to the knockouts, though, because Australia are totally shite.

Anyone been watching this? Fiji beat Australia but have tonight become the first team to ever lose a World Cup game to Portugal. They still go through to the knockouts, though, because Australia are totally shite.
I’ve watched a fair amount of games, but not today, as I’ve been watching the NFL.

Did you watch the Ireland v South Africa game a couple of weeks ago? Absolutely brilliant game.

I’ve watched a fair amount of games, but not today, as I’ve been watching the NFL.

Did you watch the Ireland v South Africa game a couple of weeks ago? Absolutely brilliant game.
Didn’t watch that one. I got bored quite quickly, to be honest, because some of the early games were so one-sided as to be almost pointless. Pool stage games often are, I suppose. But this tournament has thrown up some lovely unexpected results. The Aussies getting dumped out before the knockouts is beautiful.

Didn’t watch that one. I got bored quite quickly, to be honest, because some of the early games were so one-sided as to be almost pointless. Pool stage games often are, I suppose. But this tournament has thrown up some lovely unexpected results. The Aussies getting dumped out before the knockouts is beautiful.
England beating Argentina, Ireland beating South Africa, Wales beating Australia and France beating New Zealand, means the group stages have been good for the Northern Hemisphere teams. Will be interesting to see what happens now the knockouts start though.

England beating Argentina, Ireland beating South Africa, Wales beating Australia and France beating New Zealand, means the group stages have been good for the Northern Hemisphere teams. Will be interesting to see what happens now the knockouts start though.
I think Ireland win this. All-Euro semis.

It would. Tough route for South Africa though, fair ****s to them if they get there.
Yes, they've got it tough against France in the quarters, but should be way too strong for whoever wins the England v Fiji game in the semis afterwards.

Shows just how pointless Rugby is in terms of being a world sport. England are ****ing dreadful & yet more or less certain of a semi-final. Ireland on the other hand have been superb, but one stinker against NZ & it'll be another anonymous world cup for them like all the others.

I can see all the decent teams knocking each other out & then some dross like England or Wales fluking the final & being world champions.

Which would be utterly hilarious.

Shows just how pointless Rugby is in terms of being a world sport. England are ****ing dreadful & yet more or less certain of a semi-final. Ireland on the other hand have been superb, but one stinker against NZ & it'll be another anonymous world cup for them like all the others.

I can see all the decent teams knocking each other out & then some dross like England or Wales fluking the final & being world champions.

Which would be utterly hilarious.
Doesn't help that the draw for the finals in December 2020, based on world rankings as at January 2020, so they're utterly meaningless now and make the draw end up as you've said above.

Doesn't help that the draw for the finals in December 2020, based on world rankings as at January 2020, so they're utterly meaningless now and make the draw end up as you've said above.
That is completely ridiculous. Wow. Is it some sort of rule that sports governing bodies have to be composed entirely of witless morons ?

Still, it's better than the FIFA display of " yes, we're bent as ****, what are going to do about it ? " last week over the 2030 WC. ****ing criminal.

That is completely ridiculous. Wow. Is it some sort of rule that sports governing bodies have to be composed entirely of witless morons ?

Still, it's better than the FIFA display of " yes, we're bent as ****, what are going to do about it ? " last week over the 2030 WC. ****ing criminal.
Yep, it's farcical really, but does at least explain how this has happened.

It’s been so convoluted that I can barely get a semi.
That’s the problem with groups of 5 teams. 5 fixture rounds, as opposed to just 3 when you have groups of 4 teams. Add that to the gap needed between games that are as physical as these are and you end up taking this long to complete the group stages.

Two Irish tries so far, both scored by players born in New Zealand. Not sure I quite agree with these residency rules.

Now I’m no rugby expert, but this right now is the most amazing game in the whole world ever…..

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463