Ryan McGivern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the state he left us in maybe?

I refer you to Mr Taylor for any discussions regarding the state of the club as he spent GOBS of money on complete shite. The Dennis Wise contract was unforgivable. There are plenty of people over the years you could label villains and direct your anger towards...Just thinking of Taylor's spending makes my stomach turn.

To suggest O'Neill wasn't one of the very best things to ever happen to the club is pedantic and asinine.

I refer you to Mr Taylor for any discussions regarding the state of the club as he spent GOBS of money on complete shite. The Dennis Wise contract was unforgivable. There are plenty of people over the years you could label villains and direct your anger towards...Just thinking of Taylor's spending makes my stomach turn.

To suggest O'Neill wasn't one of the very best things to ever happen to the club is pedantic and asinine.

I didn't suggest he wasn't one of the best things, I have said I think he did a lot of good. However he wasn't blameless

Can someone please explain how MON can take any of the blame for the financial state? Taylor spent over 16mil on players in one year, when else has a LCFC manager had that much to spend?

If anything MON left us in one of the healthiest financial positions weve ever been in.

Can someone please explain how MON can take any of the blame for the financial state? Taylor spent over 16mil on players in one year, when else has a LCFC manager had that much to spend?

If anything MON left us in one of the healthiest financial positions weve ever been in.

I suppose the idea was that the "Gang of Four" would have provided even further financial clout and perhaps a little more nuance. What people appear to be suggesting is that had Go4 been in place administration could have potentially been avoided.

I'm not sure it's a fair argument, or in fact the one people are actually stating.

I suppose the idea was that the "Gang of Four" would have provided even further financial clout and perhaps a little more nuance. What people appear to be suggesting is that had Go4 been in place administration could have potentially been avoided.

I'm not sure it's a fair argument, or in fact the one people are actually stating.

Yer because that bunch of twats really new how to run LCFC.

If you really need someone to blame then blame the person that decided it was a good idea to sell Heskey (John Elsom) the same cnt that appointed Peter Taylor.

Last edited:
It was clear that there was a split at the club. And having seen off the all his rivals at the club MON was in a clear sense master of all he surveyed. I guess some people will blame him because he left - but frankly he did give us 5 years so I can't blame him for that.

What he left was a Chairman who thought he had the MON magic touch and in appointing PT began our long slow slide. If MON can be blamed at all it is just in his desire to get the best players for his new club - Celtic - and a fear at city that he would come calling. Why else would players be given £30k+ weekly salaries and 4 yeat contracts? To be fair he only took Lennon - who like MON followed his heart probably not a pay packet.

The real reason that sense went out of the window when MON left was that a new Sky deal kicked in of stonking proportions and PT and JE spent it and more. Mind you in our reklegation season had Middlesbro not scored 2 late goals in PTs last home game it could have all been different - but it wasn't. And PT as a manager has hardly pulled up any trees - he nearly blew promotion to League One las season!

So I can't blame MON for anything - other than being too good at his job in getting rid of any opposition at the club leaving a weak structure when he left. So not really MONs fault. Its life.

And i'd go through it all again it was great.

It was clear that there was a split at the club. And having seen off the all his rivals at the club MON was in a clear sense master of all he surveyed. I guess some people will blame him because he left - but frankly he did give us 5 years so I can't blame him for that.

What he left was a Chairman who thought he had the MON magic touch and in appointing PT began our long slow slide. If MON can be blamed at all it is just in his desire to get the best players for his new club - Celtic - and a fear at city that he would come calling. Why else would players be given £30k+ weekly salaries and 4 yeat contracts? To be fair he only took Lennon - who like MON followed his heart probably not a pay packet.

The real reason that sense went out of the window when MON left was that a new Sky deal kicked in of stonking proportions and PT and JE spent it and more. Mind you in our reklegation season had Middlesbro not scored 2 late goals in PTs last home game it could have all been different - but it wasn't. And PT as a manager has hardly pulled up any trees - he nearly blew promotion to League One las season!

So I can't blame MON for anything - other than being too good at his job in getting rid of any opposition at the club leaving a weak structure when he left. So not really MONs fault. Its life.

And i'd go through it all again it was great.

Seeing his most valuable player with huge potential being sold didnt exactly do alot for MONs ideas of growing into a premiership force to be reckoned with. I remember him saying on leaving that he had taken this club as far as possible within the limits he had to work with.

blame the person that decided it was a good idea to sell Heskey

Heskey is the person who decided it was a good idea to sell Heskey!
He wanted to go to Liverpool, he'd have left whatever Elsom or anyone else did

There was a danger we could have got bugger all for him when he was out of contract, so he was told if he signed a new contract we wouldn't stand in his way if Liverpool wanted to sign him. So Emile got the move he wanted, and we got a very good fee.

Yeah yeah ive heard that one so many times about good players that get sold to other clubs because there offering better wages.

Last edited:
Heskey is the person who decided it was a good idea to sell Heskey!
He wanted to go to Liverpool, he'd have left whatever Elsom or anyone else did

There was a danger we could have got bugger all for him when he was out of contract, so he was told if he signed a new contract we wouldn't stand in his way if Liverpool wanted to sign him. So Emile got the move he wanted, and we got a very good fee.

My guess is about 3 times what he was actually worth at that time!

He must be ok as he is an international, i doubt hed come here as a squad player but if Mattocks leaving then i could understand.

He must be ok as he is an international, i doubt hed come here as a squad player but if Mattocks leaving then i could understand.

Pretty sure I've seen him play, I was just trying to divert us as close back to topic as possible.

Anyway, where were we before? Oh yeah: wasn't Roger Davies crap?

Well known to both Steve Beaglehole and Nigel Worthington who, I guess, will both put in a good word for us.

According to the People, he is being lined up for a six month loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669