Safe Standing Roadshow coming to Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lincs Fox

http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/

N
othing official as of yet, but the roadshow has been provisionally booked to visit the Counting House on Freemen's Common for the opening day of the season against Peterborough. Check the link for more information about the SSR, the FSF and what they are campaigning for in English football.

With Aston Villa and Derby County now having officially lent their support to the principle of rail seating, it would appear that the campaign to move to the German style model of safe standing is finally beginning to gather some pace.

I personally wholeheartedly support the FSF and their aim to introduce small standing areas back into English football, not least because of the numerous times I've ended up being knocked flying during goal celebrations over seats at ankle level.

This would therefore be a great step in the right direction in my opinion. The presence of anybody else who supports this model on August 18th would, I'm sure, be very much appreciated by the organisers.

Well done Villa and Derby County!

I strongly agree that all seater stadiums can in some circumstances be dangerous and introducing this model may improve the matchday experience for some.

Would love to support this but I won't be in Leicester on August 18th.

The management at leicester have stated on recorded that they have no interest in allowing standing at the KP Stadium, they are far more interested in developing family friendly areas to bring in kids, I even doubt whether they will review this policy when/if they need more capacity and it is the only way to gain this (since there is no way that they can add a second tier to the ground).

The management at leicester have stated on recorded that they have no interest in allowing standing at the KP Stadium, they are far more interested in developing family friendly areas to bring in kids, I even doubt whether they will review this policy when/if they need more capacity and it is the only way to gain this (since there is no way that they can add a second tier to the ground).

I'm all for family areas in family areas, it can't be ignored that a large portion of away fans, L1 and the back of the Kop stand throughout the match. As Lincs said it can be dangerous during goal celebrations. I have only experienced falling over seats at away games where fans don't tend to take their allotted seat.

Does this type of standing increase capacity or keep it the same? From the design I can't see it increasing much.

I was always under the impression that room for an extra tier was designed into the west stand and planning permission was approved for this. Not that it is likely to happen any time soon.

I'm all for family areas in family areas, it can't be ignored that a large portion of away fans, L1 and the back of the Kop stand throughout the match. As Lincs said it can be dangerous during goal celebrations. I have only experienced falling over seats at away games where fans don't tend to take their allotted seat.

Does this type of standing increase capacity or keep it the same? From the design I can't see it increasing much.

I was always under the impression that room for an extra tier was designed into the west stand and planning permission was approved for this. Not that it is likely to happen any time soon.

The extra tier would go over the East Stand, that area of the stadium was apparently designed to take an extra tier. I could be wrong mind.

I don't think safe standing would necessarily increase capacity, the exits and concourses have only been designed with a finite capacity in mind after all, but it would make standing in the areas where it is most prevalent a lot safer. Whether or not the powers that be are 'interested' in creating safe standing areas seems somewhat irrelevant given the numbers of fans who stand every game at the KP. That to me shows that there is a clear desire to stand among a significant number of Leicester City fans and the club would be remarkably short-sighted, even arrogant, to dismiss these views.

This is more about safety than money making, there are thousands of fans who stand at every game whether or not the LCFC management wish to admit it and it's not unfair to say that the matchday stewards have lost the battle with standing, as much of a one-sided battle as it was. Now the club should at least look into ensuring the safety of these fans who are. when all is said and done, the club's customers.

The extra tier would go over the East Stand, that area of the stadium was apparently designed to take an extra tier. I could be wrong mind.

I don't think safe standing would necessarily increase capacity, the exits and concourses have only been designed with a finite capacity in mind after all, but it would make standing in the areas where it is most prevalent a lot safer. Whether or not the powers that be are 'interested' in creating safe standing areas seems somewhat irrelevant given the numbers of fans who stand every game at the KP. That to me shows that there is a clear desire to stand among a significant number of Leicester City fans and the club would be remarkably short-sighted, even arrogant, to dismiss these views.

This is more about safety than money making, there are thousands of fans who stand at every game whether or not the LCFC management wish to admit it and it's not unfair to say that the matchday stewards have lost the battle with standing, as much of a one-sided battle as it was. Now the club should at least look into ensuring the safety of these fans who are. when all is said and done, the club's customers.

So the club should bow to ensure the safety of people who are wilfully disobeying the rules?

So the club should bow to ensure the safety of people who are wilfully disobeying the rules?

Do you ever break these rules? When Leicester have a chance do you stand up to get a better look? Do you ever stand up to celebrate a goal or to move out of the way of the person heading to the concourse early?

Rules is rules eh? Rules can also be modified especialy when common sense prevails.

I personally don't like sitting at football matches, I'm not asking everyone to stand with me just to be given the choice. I don't like sitting at music gigs but there is always a choice.

Do you ever break these rules? When Leicester have a chance do you stand up to get a better look? Do you ever stand up to celebrate a goal or to move out of the way of the person heading to the concourse early?

Rules is rules eh? Rules can also be modified especialy when common sense prevails.

I personally don't like sitting at football matches, I'm not asking everyone to stand with me just to be given the choice. I don't like sitting at music gigs but there is always a choice.

I don't want someone standing in front of me all game. I'm all for a standing area for those that want it, but until then people need to look after their own safety if they are going to break the rules.

Just because people want something, doesn't mean they should get it.

Your argument is not enhanced by your misrepresentation of the rules. They do not ban standing; they specifically allow standing 'at times of excitement' and your question about whether a person would stand to allow passage to another is desperate in the extreme. The rules ban persistent standing.

Even if the arguments have been put together badly above, I can't really see why people wouldn't want safe standing in certain areas of the ground.

I don't want someone standing in front of me all game. I'm all for a standing area for those that want it

I'm sure we then share the same view as the vast majority of football fans up and down the country.

Just because people want something, doesn't mean they should get it.

I appreciate this is your opinion. However as a supporting customer someone who has regularly contributed to the ongoing turnover of the club, I wouldn't expect to come across this response from the football club.

Your argument is not enhanced by your misrepresentation of the rules. They do not ban standing; they specifically allow standing 'at times of excitement' and your question about whether a person would stand to allow passage to another is desperate in the extreme. The rules ban persistent standing.

I didn't at any point say they were the rules. My point "badly put together" I agree, was meant to question that it seems to me to be daft that standing is deemed by some to be unsafe yet okay at times of excitement. I understand that there are others that just see it as annoying and an obstruction to their view.

I'm sure we then share the same view as the vast majority of football fans up and down the country.

I appreciate this is your opinion. However as a supporting customer someone who has regularly contributed to the ongoing turnover of the club, I wouldn't expect to come across this response from the football club.

The club have no choice in the matter. It's the same as the singing area that "everyone" wanted. It lasted for a week before everyone got bored and moved on.

The club have no choice in the matter. It's the same as the singing area that "everyone" wanted. It lasted for a week before everyone got bored and moved on.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that a desire for standing at grounds is nothing more than a passing fancy?

The people who break the rules are not the ones creating danger in my opinion, it's when people (legally) stand at moments of excitement that the danger element is at it highest. People go crazy when a goal is scored, often losing balance and potentially risking injury to themselves or someone near them.

I don't understand why anyone would be against a safe standing area, whether they would use it or not, Imo it would be a lot safer than the potential leg snapping scenario we currently have. Standing at any time with seats is dangerous and the misguided fools who deemed it safe need to have a long hard look at it.

I'd be truely amazed if people really give a shit.

I think that people will believe that those who want the rules to change should first acknowledge what the present rules are and not seek to confuse others into understanding that they are more draconian than they actually are.

I think that people will believe that those who want the rules to change should first acknowledge what the present rules are and not seek to confuse others into understanding that they are more draconian than they actually are.

Draconian maybe not, but dangerous and wrongly implemented, most definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669