Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Sweeney Todd last night, very good, 8.5/10.
If you aren't going cos it's a musical, get over it, you'll enjoy it, it's a cut above the rest ;)

the guardian, rented last week, starring ashton kutcher and that guy from waterworld, (cant remember his name) excellent film, good story, well worth a view

Saints And Soldiers 7/10

A good film with a different approach to world war 2. Enjoyable and easy to watch.

Sunshine - 8/10

One of the best British films I've seen in recent years. Started off a little slow, but after that it was brilliant

Saints And Soldiers 7/10

A good film with a different approach to world war 2. Enjoyable and easy to watch.

OK, I'll agree with you on the score and that it's a good film, but I didn't think it was an easy film, quite trippy in places and a bit intense!

rise of the footsoldier, lots of swearing, and very cockney, but despite these things, enjoyable, and well told

Sunshine - 8/10

One of the best British films I've seen in recent years. Started off a little slow, but after that it was brilliant

Went to see it at the cinema and thought it was wank, but thats the beauty of opinions.

Anybody going to see/ seen Sweeny Todd yet?

Had a fear of cut throats at the barbers ever since seeing a waxwork of ST when I was at an impressionable age (about 31 before anyone says owt)

Went to see it last week and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Got complimentary tickets as well cos the projector was playing up, so cos of the delay we had to wait 35 mins for the film to start in one of the other rooms.

Some folk left within 10 minutes cos they didn't realise it was a musical(I'm guessing the fact it was based on a Broadway show didn't clue them in)
And the two women sitting behind us left halfway through cos it wasn't 'proper acting':icon_roll

Anyhoo, Wasn't sure what to expect with the singing of Depp and BonhamCarter but they both did alright.
Was a typical Tim Burton film in terms of set design-dark and depressing etc.
Wasn't too gory either.
Depp gets better as he gets older imo.
Bonham Carter suits wacky gothic woman perfectly(more so than when she did all that posh film stuff!)

I'd say 8/10.

Oh buggar.....Switzerland have just scored.....

There has been several complaints about Sweeney Todd because in the trailers and ad's, there is not one musical scene. This is seen has misrepresentation of the product.

National Treasure 2 however has used scenes and dialogue for the trailers what don't even appear in the film.

There has been several complaints about Sweeney Todd because in the trailers and ad's, there is not one musical scene. This is seen has misrepresentation of the product.

National Treasure 2 however has used scenes and dialogue for the trailers what don't even appear in the film.

All the trailers I've seen show Depp singing through the streets?

Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End - absolute cack - too long, poor plot, average acting, waste of time.

4/10, and it only gets that because of a few good one liners.

I've seen a couple of trailers where you seen Depp and Bonham Carter singing.

Anyhoo, if you decide to go to see a film by watching a 30sec clip instead of at least checking some sort of review then you'll be disappointed more often than not.

Bella 7.5/10

Wondefull film, A real great movie, brings out the full range of emotions.

Not your usual hollywood shite either, Mexican made, switched between English and Spanish.

Im mostly into these indipendant type movies, none of the Hollywood wank, this one was especially good.

rise of the footsoldier, lots of swearing, and very cockney, but despite these things, enjoyable, and well told

Well told? I thought it was one of the most disjointed & confused movies that I've seen for years and had absolutely no plotline.

It goes something like:
Once upon a time I was a football hooligan, then I was a doorman, then I was a gangster, I took lots of drugs & did gangster stuff, then some other gangsters got blown away with shotguns while sitting in a Range Rover but this had nothing to do with me or the rest of the movie. The End.

:icon_conf

Load of clueless, mockney shite

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675