Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atonement - 7/10 - Good story, a little jumpy but all in all a good watch

Walk The Line - 8.5/10 - Really enjoyed this, though Joquime Phoenix was brilliant and unrecogniseable, even Reece Witherspoon came away with credit. Makes me want to watch Ray and Control now!

Legends of the fall - 9/10

Seriously enjoyed every minute of this, never really wanted it to end. You find yourself really drawn in to the life of the characters.

Julia Ormond :055: :055: (In this film) Is absolutely amazing, I mean seriously ****ing gorgeous, totally 100% fecking beautiful in every way.

My ideal woman no doubt about it, Brad Pit is one lucky ****, in fact I hate the ****er more than ever.

Last edited:
Brad Pitt :055: :055: (In this film) Is absolutely amazing, I mean seriously ****ing gorgeous, totally 100% fecking beautiful in every way.

My ideal man no doubt about it, Julia Ormond is one lucky ****, in fact I hate the ****er more than ever.
Weirdo

people say I look like Brad Pitt

Pineapple express 9/10
Highly recommended, very, very funny and not just the usual lazy effort at a stoner movie.
This ain't no Cheech & Chong.

Last edited:
Pineapple express 9/10
Highly recommended, very, very funny and not just the usual lazy effort at a stoner movie.
This ain't no Cheech & Chong.

I really want to see it, but I really liked Knocked Up but found SuperBad really boring and a let down. Does PE lean more towards Knocked Up humour or SuperBad?

I really want to see it, but I really liked Knocked Up but found SuperBad really boring and a let down. Does PE lean more towards Knocked Up humour or SuperBad?

Hmmm, tough to answer, probably neither tbh, it's very different to both of those movies.

Personally, I preferred SuperBad to Knocked Up, but Pineapple Express is better than both.
There's an awful lot going on, practically every scene has something laugh out loud funny, but it isn't the same type of humour throughout, some gags are visual, some references to other movies, some stoner jokes etc, etc.
It would be hard to pidgeon-hole the movie itself into a genre as well, it evolves into different genres throughout, but still works really well. Excellent direction.

Hmmm, tough to answer, probably neither tbh, it's very different to both of those movies.

Personally, I preferred SuperBad to Knocked Up, but Pineapple Express is better than both.
There's an awful lot going on, practically every scene has something laugh out loud funny, but it isn't the same type of humour throughout, some gags are visual, some references to other movies, some stoner jokes etc, etc.
It would be hard to pidgeon-hole the movie itself into a genre as well, it evolves into different genres throughout, but still works really well. Excellent direction.

I'll probably go see it, the missus don't want to and I feel a bit sad going on my todd.

i believe its genre is a stoner,action,thriller, comedy.

really wanna see this but the wife is making me pick between this and Tropic thunder and she is making me sit through the duchess :icon_sad:

i believe its genre is a stoner,action,thriller, comedy.

really wanna see this but the wife is making me pick between this and Tropic thunder and she is making me sit through the duchess :icon_sad:

Get a new wife and watch both, whilst also excluding the Duchess.

Legends of the fall - 9/10

I thought it was really funny how absolutely everbody in that movie aged over the course of it except Brad Pitt who looked as young at the end of it as he did in the beginning. Good movie but a touch too long in my opinion.

I thought it was really funny how absolutely everbody in that movie aged over the course of it except Brad Pitt who looked as young at the end of it as he did in the beginning. Good movie but a touch too long in my opinion.

Plastic surgery has that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670