Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard Candy - Good thriller, well directed - 8.5/10
Little Children - A bit bizarre and slow but good watching none-the-less - 7.5/10

Hard Candy - Good thriller, well directed - 8.5/10
Little Children - A bit bizarre and slow but good watching none-the-less - 7.5/10

Hard Candy is a really, really good movie. Ellen Page does an excellent job in this movie and her performance is so much better than that of her much more heralded role in Juno.

Frozen River - Not the sort of movie you want to watch if you're feeling a bit depressed, to say it was bleak would be an understatement but I thoroughly enjoyed it. A decent story and some good performances. Certainly worth a viewing.

i believe its genre is a stoner,action,thriller, comedy.

really wanna see this but the wife is making me pick between this and Tropic thunder and she is making me sit through the duchess :icon_sad:

Well the results are in

Tropic thunder was very good but because it got so much hype and it has such a good cast i was a little disappointed but still some very funny stuff. Tom Cruise is brilliant. 8/10

"The duchess" words cannot described the amount of boredom in this film, you notice how much cinema seats suck at the end of this film.

Watched The Untouchables on Sky Modern Greats as part of the Brian De Palma Week, thought it wasnt very good, music didnt suit it and some parts were very 'cheesy', and some predictible. Thought the de niro scenes were good though.

6/10

beowulf, the ray winstone one.
Not bad actually, even angelina jolie's cartoon gives me the horn...

Felt like I was watching a video game though, with all the cgi stuff

beowulf, the ray winstone one.
Not bad actually, even angelina jolie's cartoon gives me the horn...

Felt like I was watching a video game though, with all the cgi stuff

Not into that computer shite.

Watched The Untouchables on Sky Modern Greats as part of the Brian De Palma Week, thought it wasnt very good, music didnt suit it and some parts were very 'cheesy', and some predictible. Thought the de niro scenes were good though.

6/10

thought that was at least an 8/10, kevin costners voice just ruined it abit for me but still very good.

Tropic Thunder - Set your comedy phasers to slightly childish and it's a cracking 9/10. Had me laughing all the way through. A bit like Zoolander in the jungle style humour.

The Hottest State - 7/10

I thought it was quite good for saying it's primarily a romance story, a good bit of comedy in there though to keep me interested.

Although I am a right soft git when it comes to film, maybe thats because im a sad lonely wanker.

The Last Winter 4/10

I don't know what just happened.

PS: I love you, 7.5/10, bought on virgin films on demand for a whole 1p. Bargain!!! Anyway, expected a chick flick, ended up being a good film, kleenex needed (not for that ;) ).

Indy jones - crystal skull 7/10

took the piss out of itself. Watch it understanding that and it's fun to watch. Do Not question reality.

In Bruge - 9.5 / 10 - Really funny dark comedy, Farrell is excellent in it (as also good on Jonathon Ross last night) a must watch for me.

Midnight Express - Not generally a fan of older films really but this was well told and all round very good to watch, about an amateur drug smuggeler held in a Turkish jail. - 7/10

Brick - 9/10 really good noir/high school genre crossover. Very good acting with some weird camera work, it works well though.

August Rush 8/10 top notch feel good indie film.

Step Brothers 6/10 Funny in places but for a Farrell number I was left feeling slightly dissapointed.

August Rush 8/10 top notch feel good indie film.

Step Brothers 6/10 Funny in places but for a Farrell number I was left feeling slightly dissapointed.

Read the blurb, sounds good, have added it to my LoveFilm list. Got Inside I'm Dancing (which I've seen before ages ago and really liked) and Birth coming tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669