Scarbys Football Manager 2007 Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took charge of Birmingham and did well. To be fair I had a good squad to get out of The Championship in the first season but didn't get that much money to buy any match winners. I decided to buy some young players to fill what was already a decent squad, and hope for survival. I figured that if I did get relegated I would at least still have some young talent on non-massive wages. I sent my scouts to search the U18's and signed these players who all turned out to be top class players:

Corrie Evans (Man U) - £850,000 initially could rise to £1.7 million
Armand Traore (Arsenal) - £500,000 initially could rise to £1.1 million
Gary Bocaly (Marseille) - £2.2 million initially could rise to £2.5 million
Bojan (Barcelona) - £1.6 million initially could rise to £2.4 million

I took charge of Birmingham and did well. To be fair I had a good squad to get out of The Championship in the first season but didn't get that much money to buy any match winners. I decided to buy some young players to fill what was already a decent squad, and hope for survival. I figured that if I did get relegated I would at least still have some young talent on non-massive wages. I sent my scouts to search the U18's and signed these players who all turned out to be top class players:

Corrie Evans (Man U) - £850,000 initially could rise to £1.7 million
Armand Traore (Arsenal) - £500,000 initially could rise to £1.1 million
Gary Bocaly (Marseille) - £2.2 million initially could rise to £2.5 million

Fantastic signing, on my last game I got to 2014 and Evans was my Man' Utd captain. Turns into a great player.

how the **** you got him i do not know. Barca will not let him leave for shit on mine. hes amazing

OSNABRUCK BUNDESLIGA ADVENTURE - CHAPTER 3

The initial good start has began to taken its toll on the side. They are looking ahead to the winter break with eagerness. It all came to notice against VFL Stuttgart where they took lead and then Beganskiy equalised. We then had two penalities against before they finished it off. The penalities brough Harri Heinz to say ''It's unbelieveable, we are being victimised by the referees. All we have had is one penalty, we had six against us. We are a small club and no consquences for the ref, if we lose. There is if the big team lose'.

1860 Munich were the next opponents at the Pipenbrock. The game should had some zest, Tomasz Konopka, our ex-striker signed a pre-contract agreement with them last season despite us heading towards the Bundesliga but he's injured. We initially took the lead through Beganskiy. However they overpowered us with 3 goals and then Micheal Delura with just his 13th appearance in 2 years, all sub appearances scored his first goal for the club. Another defeat followed at home to Wolfsburg, 1-0.

The players were given a rest before a mid-season break in Austria. There was an incident involving two of our players, a goal club and karakoe. It will be dealt with accordingly. A number of contracts were renewed and we signed a few players on pre-contract agreements. Tomasz Jarzebowski from Legia Warsaw, a right-back who is currently on loan to us for a month, Nicola Legrottaglie, a veteran centre-back from Juve and Thorsten Sauer, a striker prospect from Bochum. One player is going the other way Daniel Jungwirth will join Bochum.

A replacement was found for him in Belorussian Timofei Kalachev from Shaktar Soligorsk, he is intially signed for 325k, with 100k of that being spread across 18 months and additional 100k when he completes 30 games for the club. A young midfielder prospect Patrick Barje was signed from Aachen for 160k and Kerry McIntyre from Kaiserslautern brought in on loan because we are missing 2 players due to African Nations Cup plus injures.

The season began well a 4-0 hammering of Koln, Roncatto scored a brace (his first goals since his five goal haul), Beganskiy again and Guido Spork with his first of the season. Duisberg, the week after was another win, Beganskiy double and another fine performance from Spork who seems to be over his injury probelms. All three players made their debut, Barje coming on and the other two starting. This win catapulted us to 4th in the table.

I finished 8th after a 6 game winless streak in the run-in. Beganskiy finished Top Bundesliga scorer and he was the Fans player of the year.

The close season was eventful - 5 new signings with 4 players gone and I am now the German manager.

3 wins out of 3 and an extra-time win in the DFB Pokal. We reached the semis of the Liga Pokal, the Germans have their League Cup in the close season. My first German game is against Nord Iron, have had to replace some crap out of the squad, got a few injures to important players like Metzelder and Klose and a lot of players are set for their first cap.

On the newly patched version I am top with City :eek: after 21 games and have beaten Arsenal at home 3-1 and Newcastle away 3-2 in the League Cup.

Horsfield and new signing James Hayter are equal top scorers with 14 goals, Fryatt has 8.

how much did you get Hayter for.

Get Billy Sharp he bangs in 20-30 a season

He had scored in the opening two matches for Bournemouth so I thought he was worth a punt.
Sheringham has barely played a game since signing.
Rab Douglas has gone to Carlisle on a free.

The only other addition is Jack Hobbs on loan a young Liverpool centre half who has yet to start a game due to the excellent form of Mccarthy and Kisnorbo.

Last edited:
Momo Sylla!
saying that he most likely isnt on it if its a new patch!

Yeah he isn't on there.

Trying my best to get rid of Kenton but no one will have him.

McAuley hasn't started a game and Hammond has only made brief substitute appearances.

Wesolowski was on the verge of being sold to Norwich in the transfer window but injuries to Johnson and Hughes meant he had to play.

He scored the winner in that game against Hull and has not left the line up since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669