Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

enderby fox

Anyone been to Scotland for a short break?

If so can you recommend anywhere and preferably not hundreds of miles away from one of the big city's so we can fly up there.

BMI Baby are doing return flights up there for twenty quid to edinburgh next january so me and the mrs are gonna go away for her birthday.

I've always been interested in going to a a loch and into the country. Anywhere that is not too far from an airport but not in the actual city would be good. I don't mind staying upto 50 miles away.

homer

Could do a lot worse than just staying in Edinburgh - it's a decent city outside of the festival, when it's full of tossers, jugglers and americans

Plus you could take the opportunity to take her up Arthur's Seat while you are there - it is her birthday after all....

enderby fox

Could do a lot worse than just staying in Edinburgh - it's a decent city outside of the festival, when it's full of tossers, jugglers and americans

Plus you could take the opportunity to take her up Arthur's Seat while you are there - it is her birthday after all....

i think we will stay in edinbugh a couple of nights but also want to pop out into the lochs for a couple of nights.

Dare i ask this but what is Arthur's seat? :102:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Dare i ask this but what is Arthur's seat? :102:

A big hill.

arthurs-seat.jpg

Motown Fox

Loch Lomand is good to visit when we went there we went a tour round in a boat and for my Mrs' sake we visited some shop that used to be in some Scottish soap called 'Take the High Road. Stirling and its castle/William Wallace monument worth a visit.

Last edited:

Orifice

Scotland.
West coast - Wonderful scenery. Lochs and mountains.
East coast - Grim. Dundee, Aberdeen, Arbroath, Montrose

Harbro-Fox

Legend
Why did Iain Hume go Barnsley? I bet he regrets the move now, surely he knew we would only be down for a season.

Don't go Scotland.

MKFox

my company are based in stirling, from edinbo, take a cab out to the ochils for a nice walk or as motown says, visit the castle or the Wallace monument
if you go to west cost, oban is a cracking little seaside town

Cate Fox

Why did Iain Hume go Barnsley? I bet he regrets the move now, surely he knew we would only be down for a season.

Don't go Scotland.

Erm Harbs, I dont understand the reference to Iain Hume in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669