Scunthorpe - Sat 20th October - 5.20pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: S****horpe - Sat 20th October - 5.20pm

Please can i have one of the experts help me to get back to leamington or rugby after the game i was thinking to go Fox Travel then get the train back from Leicester.

I don't think your going to be able to do it. The last train to Rugby leaves Leicester at 9.39pm - and unless the coaches get back for 9.15pm (which will be touch and go) then you will be unable to get to the station in time for this train.

The last train to Leamington is at 9.10pm - so this is a definite no no.

There is a train to Birmingham New Street at 10.26pm if that helps with you arranging a lift from there?

It is possible to go on the train there and back, and still very cheap too. Going is easy on the 12.11 from Leamington, just one change at Sheffield, arrive at S****horpe for 4.46pm - £6.25 single. Coming back on the 7.15pm (you will have leave approx 15 mins early) involves 4 changes at Doncaster, Sheffield, Birmingham New Street then a walk to Birmingham Snow Hill and a bus to Leamington. You'l be back for just after 1am - £5.00 single (Total £11.25)

Last edited:

I don't think your going to be able to do it. The last train to Rugby leaves Leicester at 9.39pm - and unless the coaches get back for 9.15pm (which will be touch and go) then you will be unable to get to the station in time for this train.

There is a train to Birmingham New Street at 10.26pm if that helps with you arranging a lift from there?

It is possible to go on the train there and back, and still very cheap too. Going is easy on the 12.11 from Leamington, just one change at Sheffield, arrive at S****horpe for 4.46pm - £6.25 single. Coming back on the 7.15pm (you will have leave approx 15 mins early) involves 4 changes at Doncaster, Sheffield, Birmingham New Street then a walk to Birmingham Snow Hill and a bus to Leamington. You'l be back for just after 1am - £5.00 single (Total £11.25)
Thanks that is what i will do then.

Last edited:

I bet Lee Jobber won't leave early.....

Do you think 15 minutes from the end will be early enough? The match is not due to finish until 7:05 at the very earliest - that would mean that you are suggesting leaving at 6:50. The ground is over 2 miles from the station - the City fans will be accommodated at the 'wrong' end of the ground for the station. Over 2 miles in 25 minutes seems a lot to me. Unless a taxi was booked and you could be sure that it was going to be there, I would have thought that you should be thinking about leaving the ground 30 minutes before the end. I think most people would say that the 7:15 is not-doable.

I bet Lee Jobber won't leave early.....

He can't. He has to wait for them to open the big gates.

I have made an error in buying tickets. I didn't realise concessions were up to Under 21's and like a twat bought adults 'uns for me and Tom. Good job, my brother's mate has a got a restricted view heheh.

I have made an error in buying tickets. I didn't realise concessions were up to Under 21's and like a twat bought adults 'uns for me and Tom. Good job, my brother's mate has a got a restricted view heheh.

You can take them back and swap them or get them stamped for under 21's and have the difference in cash back.

Seriously?

I'll e-mail them!

Yes. You can return match tickets, but it must be atleast 24 hours before the game. You would have to go down to the ticket office though so they can either swap them, pull off one of the stubs or they sometimes have a stamp them with the relevant Under ?? on the ticket. No good e-mailing them.

Yes. You can return match tickets, but it must be atleast 24 hours before the game. You would have to go down to the ticket office though so they can either swap them, pull off one of the stubs or they sometimes have a stamp them with the relevant Under ?? on the ticket. No good e-mailing them.

I was just double-y making sure via e-mail.

gonna have to plan where to watch the rugby now boys! kinda glad im not going.;)

If you already have a concessionary ticket, you can;t have it made into a full-ptice ticket because that part of the stub has already been detached. The only thing you could do is get a refund on and buy a new full-price one - which would get difficult if it were a sold-out match.

Last edited:
Just got my tickets the girl in the office said they have only sold 750!

The real fans are saving their money for the Chelsea game. PAH!

Are you going Boc?

Yes.

And I've jsut worked out that you could get back via Doncaster, Kings Cross and Euston - to Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669