tunch
mattock

gradel
oakley
berner
king
dyer

fryatt

hold strong in our half, explode out with our pace from wings with oakley supporting from midfield aswell. we'll shit 'em.

hendo

edworthy
morrison
tunch
mattock

gradel
oakley
berner
king
dyer

fryatt

hold strong in our half, explode out with our pace from wings with oakley supporting from midfield aswell. we'll shit 'em.

Like your thinking there. Unfortunately I think we will stick with 442 with DJ coming in for Howard. 1-1

do you think Howard will still get flagged for offside?

Its amazing that. How can someone with little pace get flagged offside so many times? He surely cant be looking for the through ball.

Imagine him and DJ. I would think at least 20 free kicks for offside in the match!

Its amazing that. How can someone with little pace get flagged offside so many times? He surely cant be looking for the through ball.

Imagine him and DJ. I would think at least 20 free kicks for offside in the match!

the slower ones are easier to catch offside.......:icon_roll:icon_roll

Certainly was, and I of course missed the last train back from Sheffield by a minute. Ended up paying 55 quid for a taxi back from Nottingham.

Was a terrible game last time round, Kisnorbo's goal should have counted though. Nowt wrong with it. And most people could tell from about the 15th minute that Hume was going off at some point.

Anyone going up by train via Sheffield? There are no trains from Sheffield to Doncaster although Doncaster to Scunthorpe is okay. Yesterday whilst working between Sheffield and Doncaster on the trains one of the trains hit a tree and caused mayhem from 3ish onwards and apparently the line is damaged now and not be fixed until Sunday at the earliest. A replacement bus service is on instead and on the evidence of last night it will take some time. There were people still at Meadowhall last nite after 8-30 pm waiting who had been with me waiting on the 16-11 out of Sheffield!!!!!

Last edited:
This is a big game today.

If we can win this i think we can defo get a mental edge over the other teams for the rest of the season - not to mention the numerical advantage.

I'm looking for DJ or Dickov to start contributing to the cause. They have had few chances so surely they will be gagging to get stuck in???

I want to see this:

----------------------Martin

-----------Hobbs----Tunchev----Morrison

Gilbert---------------------------------------Mattock

----------------Oakley------Berner

Gradel-----------------------------------------Dyer

----------------------Fryatt

Edworthy for Gilbert if Gilbert is injured.

SUBS: Henderson, King, Adams, Dickov, Campbell

I want to see this:

----------------------Martin

-----------Hobbs----Tunchev----Morrison

Gilbert---------------------------------------Mattock

----------------Oakley------Berner

Gradel-----------------------------------------Dyer

----------------------Fryatt

Edworthy for Gilbert if Gilbert is injured.

SUBS: Henderson, King, Adams, Dickov, Campbell

Interesting line up that.

That would rely on Matty doing a hell of graft up front and the wide boys getting up and down the flanks all day long. Traditionally managers are conservative when playing away, so think Pearson will opt for something more like a 4-4-2. Still i'd like to see what you suggested trialled against a weaker team at home. Could lead to that samba football we know we can play!!

Well that line-up is not 3-2-2-2-1. The pitch isn't long enough for that!
So is it 5-4-1 or is it 3-4-3?

Last edited:
Scunthorpe Match Thread

Right, never started one of these before as i am normally at the games :icon_wink

Re: Scunthorpe Match Thread

We don't start it until we have the tea news, so I'm going to put this in the pre-match thread.

Earl Grey today I think,perhaps with a plate of Hob-nobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670