Sean O'Driscoll sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure I read yesterday his job was safe despite the bad start ... :icon_lol:

Big mistake by them IMO. I really rate O'Driscoll as a manager, I wanted him when we sacked Sousa. He'll be back in work before too long, and it looks like Donny could be be finished in the Championship...

Im sure I read yesterday his job was safe despite the bad start ... :icon_lol:

September 22: Doncaster chairman writes, at length, that he will be sticking by manager Sean O'Driscoll. 'For the people shouting for the manager's head, I ask the questions 'who would you replace him with? Who is better?' I can't think of any manager that is better equipped for the job, and those clubs who sack managers willy nilly end up relegated.

'The board and I are not going down that path. You only have to look at our neighbours Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday - need I say more?'

September 23: Ryan places O'Driscoll on gardening leave, replacing him with Dean Saunders.

Ahhhhh, the dying art of misdirection.

Perhaps they'd just noticed though that SO'D's garden was looking a little untidy. You can't have that. Even Martin Allen realised how important 'insert club's primary colours' flowers about the place are.

September 22: Doncaster chairman writes, at length, that he will be sticking by manager Sean O'Driscoll. 'For the people shouting for the manager's head, I ask the questions 'who would you replace him with? Who is better?' I can't think of any manager that is better equipped for the job, and those clubs who sack managers willy nilly end up relegated.

'The board and I are not going down that path. You only have to look at our neighbours Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday - need I say more?'

September 23: Ryan places O'Driscoll on gardening leave, replacing him with Dean Saunders.

The cynical "vote of confidence" is rarely as detailed as this. It suggests that the chairman has been out voted.

Could he, would he be interested in coming here and working as a coach? I have a huge respect for him I must say, I should imagine he would want a managerial position though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669