Sean St Ledger from Preston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know how much people who question fees think players are worth in their experienced opinion

Trying to excite myself over this... (pun away)

He has bags of experience at his level. Erm... good leadership skills as a former captain?

The fee does annoy me, but then again we have to expect teams will rise their asking prices when they see us coming!

In your expert opinion, how much is he worth?

Nope, Youngy doesn't like him because he doesn't hoof it

Well he won't like St.Ledger either then.

According to PNE forum we paid 1.3 million for his services, is he really worth that?

At one point, there was a deal agreed for him which seen him joining M'boro for triple that.

I was very underwhelmed when he was linked but most Preston fans say if we can get him playing like does for Ireland, we have signed an excellent player. The stuff about him being a sulky so-so is nonsense too, a crowd favourite at Deepdale and bezzie's with Nugent. To quote 'likes his Poon'.

Sean St Ledger in.
Matt Derbyshire on his way.
Stef Oak(e)s long gone.

Any more?

Thank goodness there are no pendants about. I meant Sean St Le(d)ger, of course.

Don't really know much about St Ledger to be honest. If I've seen him play, he's not stood out (as good or bad).

Glad to see some defenders brought in though, and not just on loan. And with good experience of this division. Seems decent signing on paper to me, and the reported £1.5m(?) isn't really that high for this league now it seems, especially as clubs know we've got money.

Hope we still get Mills as well though.

According to PNE forum we paid 1.3 million for his services, is he really worth that?

Yes, I think so! He fits into the same bracket of quality players we`ve signed so far, If there is one name that sticks out for me it`s his, he has always had a good game when we`ve played against him, very hard to beat and get past, stands up well, a no nonsense defender, Did he play last season? Lol

I'm not sure about him but I spoke to an Irish fella I know and he supports the general feeling that he has been pretty solid for Rep of Ireland. Looking at the PNE forums it appears theywill be sad to see him go as they say he has been great for them until the last few months or so after a proposed move to Middlesboro' fell through. I guess we will see in the coming season, but at the minute when I think of St Ledger I think of own goals... =/

Last edited:
Not for me. Very average

But what do I know ?

Feck all

Last edited:
I think he will be a better player than both Hobbs and Bamba, Sorry just my opinion.

Heskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670