Season Tickets 2020/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope and expect the club will do a u-turn on this, otherwise it's going to backfire.

The way I read it, the season ticket price would be calculated on the remaining games at the price per game paid from last season.
In my case £20 a game, the £70 would then be deducted from the price depending on the number of games left to play. So for example if 4 games were left when full capacity was allowed, the cost would be £80 minus the £70 leaving £10 to pay.

A full season ticket isn't possible though because it won't 'kick in' until all fans are allowed in. It only gets deducted from the full price - which will not be possible to pay so as soon as we hit the fourth home game of the season and there is no full stadium, you won't get the £70 back.

Did you read the FAQ page?

"So if your Adult Season Ticket is priced £380 and 10 of our 19 Premier League home games are played at full capacity, the price of your Season Ticket would be £200 (10 games at £20-per-game). Once your initial fee of £70 is deducted, your balance to pay would be £130. "

I wouldn't be upset so much about the "ballot entry" element of the fee...but to hold season ticket holders to ransom for future tickets is some late stage capitalist shit.

That said, a quick US comparison.

In the US they have a racket in place called a "personal seat license". They sell these licenses at around $1500 a pop, but there's also a resale market amongst fans which can often be many multiples of that.

So you pay this one time fee, of say, $1500. What does that get you? It "entitles" you to buy season tickets for that seat. Those run about $600-$1000 per season (for 8 games).

If you don't buy the season ticket one year? That's fine, you just lose your PSL and the $1500 you spent on it.

It's an astonishing money grab...what City is doing is akin to it. Loyal fans should not be held to ransom.

I can’t see “full capacity” being allowed until there is a proveable vaccine available and that ain’t going to be any time soon. I doubt that we’ll be back in properly until next August.

Did you read the FAQ page?

"So if your Adult Season Ticket is priced £380 and 10 of our 19 Premier League home games are played at full capacity, the price of your Season Ticket would be £200 (10 games at £20-per-game). Once your initial fee of £70 is deducted, your balance to pay would be £130. "

Thanks Jeff, that is helpful. There remain many concerns with this announcement though. I hope and expect that the club will rethink.

As someone I heard say: "With you then, with you now, with you again.... so long as you pay £70 for a seat you can’t sit in".

An update from the club, and it’s a load of old bollocks. You can now pay the £70 in two instalments, and the £70 will go towards the cost of a 21/22 season ticket only in the event that full capacity crowds aren’t allowed back at any point during the 20/21 season.

I’m struggling to understand how they’re getting this so wrong. Just waive the £70 and allow STHs the option to renew in 21/22. There is no good reason not to do so.

Either the club really needs £1.6m in which case there are big problems to solve, or they’re being driven by greed. I know which of those my money is on.

I like this bit:
In devising an agile plan for the season ahead, the Club has focused on the following priorities:

- Maximising the number of supporters able to safely attend matches at King Power Stadium
- Minimising the up-front financial commitment from our Season Ticket Holders
- Providing fair and equitable access to available tickets for Season Ticket Holders and Members
It’s arguable that this “plan” achieves none of these. Quite impressive, honestly.

What a load of bollocks that update is.

It’s creating a lot of hostility in the effort to generate a (relatively) small amount of cash. Poorly managed, to be honest.

What about memberships?

I paid £45 for membership last season to get priority on tickets. I only ended up going to three matches. It would have been more like 6/7 matches without lockdown. And we were crap in all three I went to...
Two of them I could have got tickets for without needing membership. So I paid £45 to be "lucky" in the ballot so I could buy a ticket for the second leg against Villa.

I didn't expect to get a refund from last season's membership. So things turned out as I expected. But I did expect a big discount on membership renewals for the new season. Knocking just £10 off is taking the piss.

So I still have to pay £70 to retain the right to my season ticket.

I still have to pay matchday prices to attend any game that is less than full capacity.

No thanks.

I can only think that they’re pretty confident that they’ll end up being allowed to have a full capacity stadium at some point. Been given a nod and a wink, so to speak.

So I still have to pay £70 to retain the right to my season ticket.

I still have to pay matchday prices to attend any game that is less than full capacity.

No thanks.
Just pay it, don’t go to any matches less than full capacity if that’s your wish (I won’t be either), then get the money back once it goes to full capacity and you get a season ticket for the remainder of the season. Or a £70 reduction for your 21/22 season ticket.

It seems a bit of a convoluted way of doing things, but it’s a lot better than it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566