Season Tickets 2020/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless there aren’t any games at full capacity in which case the £70 goes towards your 21/22 season ticket.

They explicitly state that they’re working on the basis of games being played in front of capacity crowds at some point, so actually what they’re doing is pretending to move a bit bit hoping that nothing changes.

The season is going to be a complete farce anyway.

There will be a resurgence of the virus. Players will test positive. Matches will be postponed at short notice. There will be more lockdowns.

Anyone who relies on non-refundable advance purchase train tickets (and hotels), will be risking their money buying match tickets.
So, assuming I renew my membership, I'm unlikely to enter any ticket ballots until things are back to normal. Which could be this time next year, when we're still only half way through the season...

Just pay it, don’t go to any matches less than full capacity if that’s your wish (I won’t be either), then get the money back once it goes to full capacity and you get a season ticket for the remainder of the season. Or a £70 reduction for your 21/22 season ticket.

It seems a bit of a convoluted way of doing things, but it’s a lot better than it was.

If we were skint and in the Championship, I'd pay it tomorrow.

But I refuse to subsidise billionaires and millionaires for no good reason. The total amount they're demanding here is three days salaries for our players. It's completely irrelevant to them.

**** them. They've lost me as an attending supporter forever.

The club have been fair to us in terms of keeping season ticket prices the same throughout the last 6 years. We have one of the lowest season ticket prices in the league.

I don’t quite get the whole £70 up front thing, but I’m not going to chuck my toys out of the pram about it.

Just paid over the £70 Loyalty fee

The club have been fair to us in terms of keeping season ticket prices the same throughout the last 6 years. We have one of the lowest season ticket prices in the league.

I don’t quite get the whole £70 up front thing, but I’m not going to chuck my toys out of the pram about it.
Agree with this, have paid my £140.

How exactly?
As the 'rules' are written at the moment the money would be lost if sufficient occupancy is not attained in either of the next two seasons. That scenario is not beyond the bounds of possibility.

I’m still not reconciled to this. I feel as though they’re taking the piss out of me and my stance hasn’t softened; I’m not renewing on these terms.

There is clearly no prospect of them waiving the £70. In which case they’ve lost a season ticket holder. It will probably hurt me more it will hurt them. There will be thousands who will happily pay for my seat. But I’m angry about this and we all have a line.

My money will be going to Hinckley this season (and beyond). A fan run club who rely on income at the gate, who I can watch with my dad and have a couple of pints by the pitch.

I’m gutted it has come to this but a club who have just pocketed £50m+ for an academy product can **** off blackmailing me for £70.

I’m still not reconciled to this. I feel as though they’re taking the piss out of me and my stance hasn’t softened; I’m not renewing on these terms.

There is clearly no prospect of them waiving the £70. In which case they’ve lost a season ticket holder. It will probably hurt me more it will hurt them. There will be thousands who will happily pay for my seat. But I’m angry about this and we all have a line.

My money will be going to Hinckley this season (and beyond). A fan run club who rely on income at the gate, who I can watch with my dad and have a couple of pints by the pitch.

I’m gutted it has come to this but a club who have just pocketed £50m+ for an academy product can **** off blackmailing me for £70.

I think you're spot on.

However, the reality is that the club received about 100 complaints on Monday and sold over 5,000 'season ticket deposits'.

For the club, the numbers make sense, especially when they are having to find all this extra money for these contracts we're throwing around like confetti. They are probably secretly pleased to have some season ticket holder churn and there will be no shortage of people prepared to jump over your grave for your seat.

What happens when you miss it though? When the novelty of Hinckley has worn off and you realise that you are a City fan first and foremost? Then you're stuffed and are back to the end of the queue.

I'm in a real dilemma about it. I was talking to a fellow season ticket holder about it earlier. We really don't know what to do.

I think you're spot on.

However, the reality is that the club received about 100 complaints on Monday and sold over 5,000 'season ticket deposits'.

For the club, the numbers make sense, especially when they are having to find all this extra money for these contracts we're throwing around like confetti. They are probably secretly pleased to have some season ticket holder churn and there will be no shortage of people prepared to jump over your grave for your seat.

What happens when you miss it though? When the novelty of Hinckley has worn off and you realise that you are a City fan first and foremost? Then you're stuffed and are back to the end of the queue.

I'm in a real dilemma about it. I was talking to a fellow season ticket holder about it earlier. We really don't know what to do.

You'll renew

You know already

I think you're spot on.

I watch Hinckley when City aren’t playing anyway, and because of the number of games at that level I end up watching them more anyway. I know people there and it’s time with my dad, so the novelty wearing off isn’t an issue.

I’ll miss going to our games. A lot. But if I don’t take a stand somewhere, where does it end? We’ll all have a different limit and I’ll not judge anybody for having a different one. But this is mine. It’s the culmination of lots of different modern football-related straws.

When I moved to Carlisle I still had a Leicester season ticket. The following season I realised that I wouldn't be able to afford the transport costs to go to every game, but I still went to around half the home games, and a similar number away.

I continued to go to as many games as I could until August 2010. Pearson had just been pushed out, and Sousa had come in.
I was on the way to our game at Burnley. I wasn't looking forward to it. I didn't want to go, I was pissed off with the club, but as usual, I felt compelled to go.
When my train got to Burnley, I still wasn't looking forward to the game. I made a last minute decision to stay on the train. I got off the train at Colne, got a bus to Skipton, and a train home from there. We lost 3-0.
It felt like I was suddenly free. like I'd managed to beat an addiction.

I started to go to more and more Carlisle United games instead. In 2012 I won a Carlisle season ticket. I renewed it a couple of times.

But as Carlisle got worse and worse, I was paying more attention to following our games on my phone than I was watching what was happening on the pitch. I realised then, that no matter how bad Leicester became, it's in my blood and always will be. Carlisle was just entertainment. When it stopped becoming entertaining, I could stop going and I didn't miss it. I couldn't do the same with Leicester.

I feel like I absolutely love Leicester and I will never stop supporting us.

Modern football however has killed nearly all of my enthusiasm for making it a big part of my life.

I used to play cricket and I absolutely loved it, but It took an entire day of a 2 day weekend and I had other things I wanted to do.

Football no longer has the pull that it used to have on me, I don't need to experience the plastic experience and atmosphere of a stupid kickoff time on a last minute date change.

My dad wants to keep going and that is the only reason Ill entertain the idea of going next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566