September internationals

He had a good Euros and generally plays well for Wales, which is why (and others!) felt comfortable giving him a go at the start of last season. He's shwn himself to be not good enough, and wouldn't suit the new system anyway - but he's not completely terrible either. No doubt we're overpaying him, but it's a real shame and a bit of a surprise we couldn't offload him somewhere

Danny Ward is not a terrible goalkeeper. He would not have reached this level in professional football if he was and he would not be selected for Wales.

I think he made some mistakes in the early stages of last season and that led to a confidence issue. Now, fans expect him to fail and he probably senses that, so we're in this negativity feedback loop. But he'll probably never play for us again anyway, so it's all academic.

Danny Ward is not a terrible goalkeeper. He would not have reached this level in professional football if he was and he would not be selected for Wales.

I think he made some mistakes in the early stages of last season and that led to a confidence issue. Now, fans expect him to fail and he probably senses that, so we're in this negativity feedback loop. But he'll probably never play for us again anyway, so it's all academic.
Sorry I disagree.

Initially I was in the camp of “give him a few games to find his feet” but after watching him I think he is probably the worst keeper “overall” I have seen between the sticks for us in about 15 years.

All of his attributes were poor:

* shot stopping
* commanding the area
* marshalling the defence
* kick accuracy
* catching the ball particularly from corners
* starting off phases of play
* positioning
* near post command

He was just ****ing shit, Iversen is a far more accomplished keeper than Ward.

Sorry I disagree.

Initially I was in the camp of “give him a few games to find his feet” but after watching him I think he is probably the worst keeper “overall” I have seen between the sticks for us in about 15 years.

All of his attributes were poor:

* shot stopping
* commanding the area
* marshalling the defence
* kick accuracy
* catching the ball particularly from corners
* starting off phases of play
* positioning
* near post command

He was just ****ing shit, Iversen is a far more accomplished keeper than Ward.
Not to mention one on ones. That blog was correct that said “he approaches one on ones like he’s allergic to the ball”

Still makes me laugh to think a couple of people spent a big chunk of last season trying to convince the rest that he was a perfectly competent goalkeeper.

Still makes me laugh to think a couple of people spent a big chunk of last season trying to convince the rest that he was a perfectly competent goalkeeper.
I wasn’t worried at the start of the season, but it was clear after only a few games he was a complete liability.

He’s not a terrible keeper.

He’s a catastrophically, comically, tragically inept one.

I think he’s the worst player I’ve seen in a Leicester shirt during our premier league era.
I can only assume that a kind of Stockholm Syndrome is taking hold with some posters.

I thought the Vestergaard 'lovers' were bad enough but Danny Ward is taking it to a whole new level!

I can only assume that a kind of Stockholm Syndrome is taking hold with some posters.

I thought the Vestergaard 'lovers' were bad enough but Danny Ward is taking it to a whole new level!
There are no Vestergaard lovers (But you know that). But there are some of us who aren't Vestergaard haters and can see what he brings to our current style of play.

Daka has scored for Zambia. Equalized to 1-1 away to Comoros.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563