September Manager of the Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregs_y2k

Just seen on Sky that Tony Mowbray won the September Manager of the Month award. Whilst I've got no issue with him winning, I was quite surprised to see that Sven wasn't even on the shortlist bearing in mind that we were unbeaten in the league during that month and only conceded a single goal whilst playing some fairly substantial opposition.

Last edited:
Saves us from the manager of the month curse.

Just seen on Sky that Tony Mowbray won the September Manager of the Month award. Whilst I've got no issue with him winning, I was quite surprised to see that Sven wasn't even on the shortlist bearing in mind that we were unbeaten in the league during that month and only conceded a single goal whilst playing some fairly substantial opposition.

Yea - two nil-nil draws and being dumped out of a cup used to count for something once upon a time.

It's Champioship manager of the month, not League Cup manager of the month. The cup should have nothing to do with it.

It's a ****ing irrelevant award that is meaningless in the scheme of things. What does it matter who the **** wins an "...Of the month" award?

Granted, if you are the kind of person who got overlooked for that star for your badge this week I could understand that this might go some way to boosting your now flagging self-esteem. Personally, I couldn't give a ****.

I see that Martin Allen got the League 1 award.

It's a ****ing irrelevant award that is meaningless in the scheme of things. What does it matter who the **** wins an "...Of the month" award?

Granted, if you are the kind of person who got overlooked for that star for your badge this week I could understand that this might go some way to boosting your now flagging self-esteem. Personally, I couldn't give a ****.

You're only saying that cuz you missed out on the Venezuelan of the month award

Are you on your period or something?!?! Chill out sir!

I'm not particularly bothered at all to be honest and yes it is pretty irrelevant, but as there's not a lot going on here with the international break, I thought I'd mention it to gauge people's opinions and maybe spark a debate about, whether or not we are the team, that the neutral doesn't want to acknowledge this season because of our playing budget.

Being a Leicester fan, I'm always curious to see what other pundits and neutrals think of us, as I hope it gives a more level headed viewpoint of our chances and improvement in recent weeks. Personally, I think the team, with it's recent run of form, is looking like title contenders now having not lost it's 4 games against the current top 6 as well as a very good away point at Cardiff (I know not all of these happened in September). Seeing as perhaps others out there don't share the same view, I think I'm entitled to pose the question as to why? I'd also like to know why you have to be such a dick about an observation posted in a forum? but then that might spark a whole debate in itself

Last edited:
I'm not particularly bothered at all to be honest and yes it is pretty irrelevant...

...but I'm being a dick for pointing out that you are posing a question about something irrelevant concerning something which you aren't bothered about and is pretty irrelevant?

Hmm.

I refer everyone to the the Polite Forum.

image.php.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670