Sheff Utd 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its up there with Heskey's back heel volley to set up Claridge's volley against manure in that cup game (I think it was in a cup game anyway).

Yep coca-cola cup - at the filbert street end

Same game that scholes missed a penalty I think

I did not enjoy the performance but loved the result and as others including Sven have said it proves we can fight for the points when we need to and win ugly.
Anyway here's the last minute or so and the final whistle which came as a relief to us all.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Di7R4MHxQ&feature=feedlik[/YOUTUBE]

On a Sheffield forum some Blades were very complimentary about Weale but they were moaning yet again - one about possible penalties!!

"Hand Ball" they all shouted - I remember it well cos then every time the ball went near a City player after that all the City fans near me would shout "handball"

We were good for a draw tonight against a very decent Leicester team if not more, we kept them under control for the majority of the game and stopped them playing football which allowed us to get the ball down and play football. For a large part of the game (especially in the second half) we pushed forward and took the game to Leicester, should it have not been for in my opinion a top class Leicester keeper and a couple of scrambled goal line clearances which were flying in, we would have grabbed a couple.

As well as this (ready for a bashing) I am a bit disgruntled with the referee based on a couple of penalty shouts for hand ball, one in the first half and one in the second. From what I saw of these one of which was absolutely blatent and the other looked a good shout, however I really need to see the highlights before I know for sure but as of now I think the ref got it wrong.

The ball tonight was played as if it was a granade !! no one wanted or was capable of holding the ball and playing the ball to feet, when it was played any where near a player the control was awful. Thats not to say we were not the better team, how many corners did we have ? yes the ref was poor (again) BUT WE NEED TO START SCORING !!

As a lowly postioned team, i want points, and if that means ugly football to get them so be it.

The goal was sloppy, no one challenging and a goalkeeper off his line ! very poor .

No more hard luck storys please, we need points not excuses.
..........................................and yes your right the ball has to hit the back of the net but if it was'nt for their keeper we would have done that one at least three occasions but were stopped due to a inspirational performance.

Sven said himself that he was mega happy with three points but thats about all he was happy about tonight, he said his team failed to deal with our physical direct play which fair enough is'nt the best description to hear about your team however look at it from a positive point of view we are starting to boss certain areas of the pitch and in turn stopping teams from playing football and controlling the game, and we are throwing men forward and more of a go at teams.

Back to that keeper he was dab on tonight, I don't know if it's down to the fact he now has competition in the form of Ricardo as knows he has to impress but he was all that was between United and three points tonight in my opinion.

Last edited:
I did not enjoy the performance but loved the result and as others including Sven have said it proves we can fight for the points when we need to and win ugly.
Anyway here's the last minute or so and the final whistle which came as a relief to us all.

"Hand Ball" they all shouted - I remember it well cos then every time the ball went near a City player after that all the City fans near me would shout "handball"

It's true, earlier on this season we would have lost that 4-1!

I bet the United fans didn't like us that game what with that and the Mattock abuse.

I take it you were on the right hand side..did you like the pink coat that United fan was wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669