Sheff Utd v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The first event of the new vBookie season. This season finishes at the end of March.

Odds from various bookies...

<script type="text/javascript">affkey="c030ec75683e24b0fbf236e9b5ba8903";boxid=4789;</script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://affiliates.valuechecker.co.uk/scripts/unit-serve.php"></script>

Unfortunately I've had to abandon this because I put the wrong date in.

Some people took advantage of this by placing bets well after the match had started.

When King scored I had a look and I was the only person with vcash on him. I just came to settle it and more bets have been placed since then so rather than let cheats prosper I've refunded everyone's money.

I apologise to those people who have not received winnings as a result.
I'm going to look into the database to see if I can find out when each bet was placed so there's a chance I can correct things manually.

I've just found it in the database and only one person tried to take advantage of my mistake, by placing a bet on King 45 minutes after the match had finished.

Name and shame!

Did anybody sneak late bets on other winning eventualities?

Name and shame!

I'll give him a chance to own up first.

Did anybody sneak late bets on other winning eventualities?

No. At first glance I thought they had, but that's due to the number of bets that were placed not long before kick off, which I hadn't seen earlier.

The vcash has now been updated. If you think your total is wrong please let me know.

Last edited:
The vcash has now been updated.

Who's winning, Jeff? I bet whoever it is, they're pleased you were willing to put the time and effort in to settle it all manually.

Who's winning, Jeff? I bet whoever it is, they're pleased you were willing to put the time and effort in to settle it all manually.

:icon_lol:

If I was concerned about my own score I wouldn't have abandoned the event, I would have just let it go and penalised the other person who bet on King, who I knew didn't do it until after the goal.
I didn't realise I'd be able to check the bet times and correct things so I thought we'd all start level again.

OK, have just come in from work and was looking through the threads from last night when I saw Boc having a jibe at me in the predictions thread about vbookie indiscretions..and I thought huh? What the????

So, I went to the vbookie stuff and saw last nights bets had been abandoned. hmm, I didn't know what was going on with that.

I wasn't bothered though cos I lost both the draw bet and the opponents to win bet - which you may have noticed I'm trying to remember to do every week now cos since I've done that we haven't lost (I think - anyway it's worked most times).

So I was then concerned when I saw the King bet because I know I hadn't placed it. Hmm again..

So I spoke to my son. He has put vbookie stuff on in the past using my userid (most of the time with my blessing - when I can't get home from work etc in time).

Anyway, he said "yeah you left the thread open and I saw it was still open so I thought I'd put the rest of your money on King to score the first goal for a laugh"..

Right, so he's in his room now.

Do what you will with me Jeff, I can't stand cheats at anything and am certainly not one. My son has learnt a lesson too...

I also apologise for all the inconvenience this must have caused.. sorry to all.

sincerely
foxybru

Do what you will with me Jeff,

When I saw "you" had logged in on the same computer your son had been using, then immediately placed the bet, I guessed that's what had happened. That's the real reason why I didn't name you last night.

I also apologise for all the inconvenience this must have caused.. sorry to all.

My own fault for putting the wrong date on it. Hopefully I've learned my lesson too.

My own fault for putting the wrong date on it. Hopefully I've learned my lesson too.

TBH I blame you more than Foxybru. Bleeding bookies ought to be taken for every penny, morally or not :icon_bigg

In the circumstances, I apologise for the jibe and will remove it immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669