Sheff. Wed. team

Status
Not open for further replies.
lako42 said:
thats it till i go back uni in 2 weeks. im done :(

... and the Devil's number in posts. :icon_eek: :eek: Glad to see you had a few tonight. :038: :038: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

lako42 said:
thats it till i go back uni in 2 weeks. im done :(
im skint to mate. just have to stay in and talk on talking balls instead of having an actual life.;)

fcukcov said:
im skint to mate. just have to stay in and talk on talking balls instead of having an actual life.;)

sounds good to me. get a couple of stellas in and talk bullshite. as long as i dont order an indian evey night should be fine. and the devils number not making me feel to good about my door slamming shut on me either

lako42 said:
sounds good to me. get a couple of stellas in and talk bullshite. as long as i dont order an indian evey night should be fine. and the devils number not making me feel to good about my door slamming shut on me either

You've moved on since then. ;)

moved on. too right. think the foods here. wahooooooo. who wants some?

lako42 said:
moved on. too right. think the foods here. wahooooooo. who wants some?

Thanks but no thanks. Bon appetit. ;)

that was a big mistake. i fell like an umpa lumpa

lako42 said:
that was a big mistake. i fell like an umpa lumpa

Wash it down with a few cans. ;)

just enjoying another bottle of stella. bloody lovely

I would like to see...

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy
Johansson
Maybury

Sylla
Williams
Hughes
Tiatto

De Vries
Hammond

Henderson, Dublin, Hume, Kisnorbo, Hamill

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy
Johansson
Maybury

Sylla
Williams
Gudjonsson
Hughes

Hammond
Hume

Subs
Henderson
Kisnorbo
Dublin
De Vries
Tiatto

DurhamFox said:
I would like to see...

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy
Johansson
Maybury

Sylla
Williams
Hughes
Tiatto

De Vries
Hammond

Henderson, Dublin, Hume, Kisnorbo, Hamill

Well, given that that represents an unreformed dodgy defence with a key player picked out of position; a central midfield as hard as blanc mange; a forwards contingent that will score a goal every blue moon...... if he plays that lineup get a few quid on any score up to two for Sheffield Wednesday and nil to us!

Redditch Fox said:
Well, given that that represents an unreformed dodgy defence with a key player picked out of position; a central midfield as hard as blanc mange; a forwards contingent that will score a goal every blue moon...... if he plays that lineup get a few quid on any score up to two for Sheffield Wednesday and nil to us!

Not a fan of DF's side then. ;)

Steven said:
Not a fan of DF's side then. ;)

I just think that it would be very sad if LCFC are down to putting out that sort of line-up.

For what it's worth - I would think that it's time to try a 5-3 -2 line up. You have to have two upfront even tho' neither MDV or Dublin are better than bench men since you would be bound to play an ball holding fellow striker (MDV) or alternatively an target man (Dublin) alongside Hume. Nothing wrong with playing both Williams & Hughes then eitherside of someone who can tackle in the midfield. Then possibly Dublin could play as one of three central defenders with Stearman as right wing back and Wilcox (said through gritted teeth) as left wing back.

I'm afraid that CL won't do that and will stick to a ( now outdated?)4-4-2 but he's bound to play Hume IMO or risk allienating supporters even more.

Not his fault of course that we are down to the bare bones with next to no options except bringing in players who are not match fit/ or look dud acquisitions. However, I think a very poor Wednesday side must fancy their chances of at least a point -if they are prepared to sit back, dig in and wait for the breaks.

Redditch Fox said:

That represents the defence chosen from our previous game. I can well see Levein choosing Williams and Hughes and are you saying MDV and Hammond won't start a game up front for us?

Redditch Fox said:
I just think that it would be very sad if LCFC are down to putting out that sort of line-up.

For what it's worth - I would think that it's time to try a 5-3 -2 line up. You have to have two upfront even tho' neither MDV or Dublin are better than bench men since you would be bound to play an ball holding fellow striker (MDV) or alternatively an target man (Dublin) alongside Hume. Nothing wrong with playing both Williams & Hughes then eitherside of someone who can tackle in the midfield. Then possibly Dublin could play as one of three central defenders with Stearman as right wing back and Wilcox (said through gritted teeth) as left wing back.

I'm afraid that CL won't do that and will stick to a ( now outdated?)4-4-2 but he's bound to play Hume IMO or risk allienating supporters even more.

Not his fault of course that we are down to the bare bones with next to no options except bringing in players who are not match fit/ or look dud acquisitions. However, I think a very poor Wednesday side must fancy their chances of at least a point -if they are prepared to sit back, dig in and wait for the breaks.

We already have, in different guises, apart from Hughes in midfield. If CL decides that Hughes and Williams can't play together in the centre then expect Williams to be dropped rather than Hughes play out of position. I can't see him ever adopting 5-3-2.

If we were to play 3-5-2, which I would be very surprised to see happen then I would select the following side :

Douglas

Stearman / Gerrbrand
McCarthy
Johansson

Maybury
Williams
Kisnorbo / Joey
Hughes
Tiatto

De Vries
Hume

I think with the squad and players we have a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 formation would be best suited.

The team could line up as follows

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy
Johansson
Maybury

Williams
Kisnorbo / Joey
Hughes

Hammond
De Vries / Dublin
Hume

DurhamFox said:
That represents the defence chosen from our previous game. I can well see Levein choosing Williams and Hughes and are you saying MDV and Hammond won't start a game up front for us?

Yes - with Maybury being played out of position.

I wouldn't know whether CL will ever pick MDV and Hammond as the two strikers to start a game. I hope if he does its for the reserves. I am not knocking MDV incidentally because we've had far worse strikers IMO and I think he is a useful squad player. As for Hammond, his track record for goal scoring in English football is non-existant; his pace makes him an interesting possibility of the bench if something different is needed tho' why it was necessary to throw away an alleged £300,000 I can't say.

Look, we have now disposed of all our proven strikers except for the ancient Dublin. Hume has been signed at what is now a big fee for us in our poverty stricken straits - he's only 21 - it would have been better if he had been brought to play alongside a decent striker but we are where we are. Surely we've got to play him as the number one choice and build the attack round his strengths.

Douglas

Maybury
McCarthy
Johannsson
Gilbert

Hughes
Williams
Gudjonnsson
Tiatto

Hume
MDV

Henderson
Stearman
Kisnorbo
Hammill
Hammond

Redditch Fox said:
Yes - with Maybury being played out of position.

I wouldn't know whether CL will ever pick MDV and Hammond as the two strikers to start a game. I hope if he does its for the reserves. I am not knocking MDV incidentally because we've had far worse strikers IMO and I think he is a useful squad player. As for Hammond, his track record for goal scoring in English football is non-existant; his pace makes him an interesting possibility of the bench if something different is needed tho' why it was necessary to throw away an alleged £300,000 I can't say.

Look, we have now disposed of all our proven strikers except for the ancient Dublin. Hume has been signed at what is now a big fee for us in our poverty stricken straits - he's only 21 - it would have been better if he had been brought to play alongside a decent striker but we are where we are. Surely we've got to play him as the number one choice and build the attack round his strengths.

Not saying we don't but doesn't necessarily mean he will start on Saturday. Maybe he will but I wouldn't be suprised to see Elvis given a chance to shine first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669