Sheff Wed

Status
Not open for further replies.
In contrast, Brian Laws was at pitchside all game. Rolled his sleves up in the second half, and brought a forward on for a defender, to kill us off.

Shame he's one of those 'Cloughie told me all I need to know' twats.

Something in me LCFC-wise actually broke yesterday. Suddenly, I feel less like caring this season, I wonder if I have accepted our fate? I think the football gods want us to suffer.

I have spent the whole day trying to distance myself from my club - I reckon I went a bit too far this season, I got a bit too involved with the support of my club - I went out of the way to visit places like Chelsea and Watford and it was all nothing. I spent 20 minutes yesterday feeling like I was watching the same old video tape, go around and around - the comments from my Dad was the same, the anger from my brother was the same and my replies were the same. The first time I have nearly seen my Dad explode down footie.

Something along the lines of
Dad - 'All we are doing is an aimless hoof to no-one'
Brother - 'That Oakley's shite'
Hazz - 'and you watch they will get one on the break'

I said to myself today - next season I will simply go on a series of day's out - the football is an excuse for the day's out - not the other way around.

Oh yes, that's the last thing we need, somebody that learnt from Cloughie!!!

Why would we want that when we've got somebody that learnt everything he knows from Jasper fcuking Carrot and Jethro!!!!

Last edited:
All those not prepared to go to League One to watch LCFC should be spat in the face. What makes you think you're better than that? Terrible and pathetic.....Man City, Sheff Weds, Leeds, Treescum, Wolves etc all got/get massive support down there. We will need it too if we are to get out of it.

slightly offended by this Alex, I've had a season ticket for years and quite frankly just having got my own mortgage another season ticket was going to be a struggle for me... if they stay in this league then fine, I will struggle and something else will pass by, but why the hell should I pay the same money as I was paying how many seasons ago for premiership football to watch division 1 dross. I am totally disollusioned (sp) with this club at the moment and its going to take a hell of a lot to change my mind

Oh yes, that's the last thing we need, somebody that learnt from Cloughie!!!

Why would we want that when we've got somebody that learnt everything he knows from Jasper fcuking Carrot and Jethro!!!!

Some people live off a reptuation with not much more to back it up, Brian Laws is in that category and that's courtesy off a Sheffield Wednesday fan I know. He's apparently got a chip on his shoulder the size of Denmark.

Well Laws must have some talents and uses tactics whereas our Ollie thinks they are a packet of sweets. This is one of Brian Law's quotes

Laws revealed that it was all a ploy to kid and surprise Leicester: "We'd worked on what we were going to do: start with 4-4-2 to make Leicester relax, then after five minutes switch to 4-3-3, to try to get at them through the middle and out wide.

"We thought that the pace we have in our side could hurt them."

:icon_roll:icon_roll

From the same article

The Owls had kicked off in a 4-4-2, with Ben Sahar replacing Jermaine Johnson on the right wing. But the game had barely begun when they switched to a sort of 4-2-1-3 (though Laws called it 4-3-3), with Watson and Adam Bolder the two central midfielders, and Franck Songo'o behind a front three of, from left to right, Slusarski, Deon Burton and Sahar.

Followed closely by seeing Batman taking a shoeing on the deck from that kid :icon_lol:

He deserved it too! He punched a 13 year old girl in the mouth - I hung around to give a statement to a copper. If it wasn't for my non-violent nature ( and the fact I can't fight ) I would have laid my size 11's in to him as well.

He deserved it too! He punched a 13 year old girl in the mouth - I hung around to give a statement to a copper. If it wasn't for my non-violent nature ( and the fact I can't fight ) I would have laid my size 11's in to him as well.

I didn't see that but some of the people I was with did, I hope he gets locked up. Although there would be little point as Robin will only drive the Batmobile through the prison wall and release him :)

Last edited:

I have spent the whole day trying to distance myself from my club - I reckon I went a bit too far this season, I got a bit too involved with the support of my club - I went out of the way to visit places like Chelsea and Watford and it was all nothing. I spent 20 minutes yesterday feeling like I was watching the same old video tape, go around and around - the comments from my Dad was the same, the anger from my brother was the same and my replies were the same. The first time I have nearly seen my Dad explode down footie.

Something along the lines of
Dad - 'All we are doing is an aimless hoof to no-one'
Brother - 'That Oakley's shite'
Hazz - 'and you watch they will get one on the break'

I said to myself today - next season I will simply go on a series of day's out - the football is an excuse for the day's out - not the other way around.

I remember feeling like this in the mid- to late-80's and deciding that there was more to life than paying for self-inflicted pain every Saturday. After several seasons of watching every home game and many away games, I just stopped and re-introduced myself to normal life. Now I just switch off with the Radio at 5pm on Sat. It's cheaper and much less painful!

It was a strange day all round really. Was it actually having a fiver on ballack to score first and it coming for once? Was it the wednesday fans dressed as super heroes scrapping outside the 1884 ? the sight of batman on the deck getting his head kicked in was quite bizarre. Was it Biff rushing by me to the bar desperate for a pint? Was it all those ballons? The hot weather? The total lack of passion from my team?The spent season ticket laying on the table in the bar after the game? Was it the thought of the next time i walked down walkers way would we playing div1?
Im not sure what it was but a little bit LCFC died yesterday:icon_cry:
come on you baggies!!!!!

Yes, before the prices went up again :icon_wink

Exhibit A for Laws is a twat courtcase

''Under the circumstances, and I'm not patting myself on the back, but if Mourinho was here I don't think he could have done any better,"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669