Sheff Weds Player 'Ratings'

Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously I wasn't at the game today (being in chicago) but according to RL McCarthy got a standing ovation when he was sent off. Can anyone who was at th ematch tell me if this actually happened and if so, why?

I think McCarthy is a decent player but his rashness and reclessness has not improved since the day he joined us. 7 goals in 2 games - we must play McAuley and Nils at centre-half at Molineux, maybe put Kisnorbo with them in a three.

It's time for a new Chairman, a new manager, new coaching staff and a couple of bus loads of new players.

Logan 3
Maybury 1
McCarthy 3
Kisnorbo 2
Stearman 1
Porter 1
Hughes 1
Tiatto 3
Low 1
Hammond 0
Hume 1

Williams 2
McAuley 2
Fryatt x

obviously I wasn't at the game today (being in chicago) but according to RL McCarthy got a standing ovation when he was sent off. Can anyone who was at th ematch tell me if this actually happened and if so, why?

Because sometimes supporters are blinded by passion. For sure Rob Stiles had made a poor decision in giving the penalty in the 1st Half and McCarthy receieved a yellow for that; however this was at Half Time. For him, our Captain, to come out and within 10 minutes of the 2nd half make a rash challenge is/was pathetic.

Fine him.

Fryatt X-rated eh? His introduction was the signal for me to head for the exits...

For 10 minutes we played fantastically and had them rocking, and if we'd equalised when we should have done (Elvis you cooooooooont) who knows what would have happened?

Oh I remember - we'd have conceded another goal. Hmph.

Porter probably best of a woeful bunch - I'd give him 5.

Just saw the highlights on ITV,

McCarthys second yellow was very harsh by the ref,
We looked like a lazy unpassionate bunch of ****!
Hughes's goal was a massive deflection, so we were lucky to have 1

1-4 at home is not good enough

sort it out city

I think McCarthy is a decent player but his rashness and reclessness has not improved since the day he joined us. 7 goals in 2 games - we must play McAuley and Nils at centre-half at Molineux, maybe put Kisnorbo with them in a three.

It's time for a new Chairman, a new manager, new coaching staff and a couple of bus loads of new players.

I never applaud a player who has been sent off for their own stupidity, whats the point? Why give them praise for what they've done?

I never applaud a player who has been sent off for their own stupidity, whats the point? Why give them praise for what they've done?

especially as mccarthy attempts to get sent off every week through making his mouth go. fair enough it wasn't a penalty but at some stage in his career this idiot has to realise that the number of suspensions he is receiving by shouting at the referee is ridiculous

I didn't applaud him when he was sent off and i can't understand anyone who did. ok we were shite anyway but he cost us any chance of taking anything from the game. He's irrational and too immature to be captain, give the armband to kisnorbo.

Plus, was i the only one to notice stephen hughes had a pretty decent game?

I didn't applaud him when he was sent off and i can't understand anyone who did. ok we were shite anyway but he cost us any chance of taking anything from the game. He's irrational and too immature to be captain, give the armband to kisnorbo.

3rd goal was Hughes' fault, a lazy pass. How was his game decent? He didnt tackle and win the ball and he didnt create chances. He scored a goal down to deflection and shot what went sailing over the bar. For the rest, he was a passenger.

Stephen Hughes had is best game for a long time, on 2 or 3 occasions he even kicked the ball. In one instance, he could clearly see no way to goal and cleverly used a defenders leg to "lever" the ball into the blind side of the keeper. Well, when I say blind side, i really mean the side that was gaping wide open that he should have been aiming for in the first place.

Hughes is shite, feeble, and in no way shape or form represents a professional footballer. All the qualities needed to be a first team regular at the crisp packet.

& yes, I do believe you probably are the only person who thought he had a good game

I'm normally the first to bash him because i think he is shite and too weak for this division.
But i honestly thought he put more effort than usual in yesterday.

I guess most people are ignoring his tracking back. When the other teams break he seems to be one of the first players back, more often than not he's ahead of the defence.
He again was one of the better players out there yesterday, note i said better not good. Unfortunately he cannot live up to previous attacking midfielders and therefore is rendered shit.
The central midfield position is hard to play when you are in there with other poor players.

Logan 6 had nothing to do other than pick the ball out of the net
Stearman 6 ok
Maybury 5 pretty poor
McCarthy 2 cost us any chance of getting anything. We actually played our best football though after he was sent off
Kisnorbo 5 cost us the fourth goal but the game was over by then
Low 3 - shite
Tiatto 6 best player in first half but isnt saying anything
Hughes 6 did ok
porter 6 brightest spark but doesnt really have any end product for all his running
Hume - had nothing all game although he was quiet
Hammond 3 should have scored to make it 2 - 2

MCauley 3 cost us the 3rd goal
Williams 6 I dont particulary like him but was actually pleased to see him in the team
Fryatt ?? didnt stay for his contribution as wanted to get on the M1 back to Sheffield!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669