Sheffield United - 18/08/09 - 7.45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off:

7.45pm

Tickets:

We have been allocated 1819 tickets for this fixture.

Edit: The initial allocation is now sold out.

A further 1000 tickets will be availble on the night of the game from The Promotions Office on Bramall Lane. Tickets sales will be cash only

Adults - £19
Seniors / Students / Under 18 - £11
Under 16 - £8

Tickets are currently on sale to Season Ticker Holders. Members will be able to purchase tickets from Thursday 6th August, and General Sale will commence on Friday 7th August.

Fox Travel:

Fox Travel coaches will depart at 4pm.

Edit: FOX TRAVEL IS NOW SOLD OUT

Adult STH £13
Adult non STH £16
Concession STH £11
Concession non STH £14

Dirctions & Parking:

Approx 63 miles - Allow at least 2 hours. J25-J28 on the M1 is currently being widend between those junctions.

Leave the M1 at J29, and follow signs for A61 Sheffield. As you approach Sheffield (Queens Road) - Look out for Bramall Lane on your left hand side.

Street parking is available around the ground.

Trains:

Despite being a short distance away from Leicester, it's not possibel to get back to Leicester by train after the game.

Pubs:

I've only ever been to pubs within the centre, of which there are plenty. Grounds Guide suggests The Royal Standard on St Mary's Road.

Last edited:
Re: Sheffield United - 19/08/09 - 7.45pm

I would recomend comming off the M1 at Juction 33 and heading to the Nunnery Square park and ride. the Tram will take you to the centre of town and its a short walk from any of the city centre pubs to the ground. This should also mean that getting back to the M1 is quicker after the match too.

I would recomend comming off the M1 at Juction 33 and heading to the Nunnery Square park and ride. the Tram will take you to the centre of town and its a short walk from any of the city centre pubs to the ground. This should also mean that getting back to the M1 is quicker after the match too.

The only reason I avoided this route was on the basis, that after the expected delays between J25-28, it would be easier to get off at the next junction and try and make time up on the A61, as I felt there was more likely to be delays further up the M1.

The only reason I avoided this route was on the basis, that after the expected delays between J25-28, it would be easier to get off at the next junction and try and make time up on the A61, as I felt there was more likely to be delays further up the M1.

no wonder parcels get lost............:icon_bigg

Or delivered to the wrong customer altogether :icon_lol:

Or delivered to the wrong customer altogether :icon_lol:

Please direct your complaints to our Leicester office, not Nottingham :icon_wink

Havent been to Bramall Lane for years. I stopped at a traffic light and an 8 year old Wesnesday fan stuck his finger up at me. Little shit.

You should have kicked his face in.

That road from Chesterfield into Sheffield is terrible at anytime nevermind just before a footy match at Bramall Lane. When I went to Chesterfield for the friendly there were roadworks at one of the roundabouts as well causing holdups.

A better solution might be to get off at junction 31(near where I live) and go in towards Sheffield on the Mossborough bypass and then turn left at the 1st r/bout AFTER the Crystal Peaks r/bout and head towards a place called "Intake" then head towards the Town Centre going past the fire station Then via City Road or via Eastbank Road until nearer the ground when it best to park not far from Queens Road and walk the rest of the way

Last edited:

That road from Chesterfield into Sheffield is terrible at anytime nevermind just before a footy match at Bramall Lane. When I went to Chesterfield for the friendly there were roadworks at one of the roundabouts as well causing holdups.

A better solution might be to get off at junction 31(near where I live) and go in towards Sheffield on the Mossborough bypass and then turn left at the 1st r/bout AFTER the Crystal Peaks r/bout and head towards a place called "Intake" then head towards the Town Centre going past the fire station Then via City Road or via Eastbank Road until nearer the ground when it best to park not far from Queens Road and walk the rest of the way

This is a better route, I still prefer mine of staying on the M1 till J33 then going to the park and ride at Nunnery Sq

have been before but it were a while ago when we got done 4-1, that a61 is a right ball ache surely junction 33 and drive straight in someone help who knows best way?

have been before but it were a while ago when we got done 4-1, that a61 is a right ball ache surely junction 33 and drive straight in someone help who knows best way?

You tell me what the traffic conditions are going to be like on the M1 and the A61 on Tuesday night and I will tell you which is the best way.

The way in from junction 33 can be a nightmare too but you can use the park and ride as Shents suggested and get the tram towards Halfway (changing at Ponds Forge)and then walk from the tram stop at the Granville College stop or the Train station stop.

Or you can try my route and park near Queens Road (in the side roads) and walk from there which is slightly nearer to walk than from the tram stop.

CARE!!!!!!!!THIS APPLIES TO EVERYONE COMING TO THE GAME FOR AFTER THE MATCH
When leaving Sheffield via the Parkway there are roadworks after the turnoff towards Crystal Peaks and M1 Junction 31 (the Mosborough Parkway) these mean the road up to junction 33 is a nightmare and with all the extra traffic for the footy it will be even worse. So I would suggest following the signs for Crystal Peaks etc and M1 South and this takes you to junction 31 and therefore also means you miss the M1 roadworks between junctions 32 and 33

Last edited:

Sorry to ask what maybe a stupid question, but the 'Crystal Peaks roundabout'.....is that a roundabout in an area called 'Crystal Peaks' or is it one of those huge crossings that has it's own name.

The initial allocation is now sold out.

A further 1000 tickets will be availble on the night of the game from The Promotions Office on Bramall Lane. Tickets sales will be cash only

So does this 1000 extra tickets mean I can go and buy on the gate? And for £19?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566