Sheffield United KO pushed back for Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not again, not so bad for me when it is home game being moved but still annoying however it keeps the armchair fans happy.

It is said that the Safety Authority are the only people who can veto a match once Sky has taken control of kick-off time/date. IT seems to me however that even they give way to Sky when push comes to shove.

Last season Sky wanted to show a game featuring some team and Doncaster(don't know who the other team was, but I can ask) and Doncaster said no to having the match moved- might have been to do with it being moved too close to another fixture or summat, don't know the exact details- anyhoo since then Donny don't seem to have featured much on the Sky live games.. so I s'pose we COULD turn round and say no, if the club wanted to, but they won't.

it also might be because doncaster are shite.....

FFS, this is the day before my wedding and I just bought a ticket for my best man coming over from America to come with, doubt I'll be allowed out now!

This would include the empty seats of season ticket holders frustrated because they were unable to get there?

Well it wasn't a problem when we had Newcastle in the Premiership....everyone made the effort then to make it and to top it off, 3,200 Newcastle fans made the trip.

I don't think it will be a problem for the average fan....just more hours to get top up from Xmas Day's excesses.

Last edited:
FFS, this is the day before my wedding and I just bought a ticket for my best man coming over from America to come with, doubt I'll be allowed out now!

You're not supposed to see your bride the day before the wedding so what does it matter to her? :icon_wink

sounds good, but I probably wont be able to watch it since there is 3 members of my family who absolutely hate us having football on tv, they will often turn it over to some rubbish they not even interested in just to get it off the screen. At 6pm I would be amazed if I got to watch it.

sounds good, but I probably wont be able to watch it since there is 3 members of my family who absolutely hate us having football on tv, they will often turn it over to some rubbish they not even interested in just to get it off the screen. At 6pm I would be amazed if I got to watch it.

Go to the pub!

....the official attendance figures will count season ticket holders whether they are in their seats or not.

No. The attendance is people in the ground. STHs not attending is only a problem if the other club is entitled to a share of the gate receipts, which is one of the reasons we no longer have a cup game included in our season tickets.

How does that work then? I know "money talks," particulaly in the case of sky, but there must be some sort of process for the clubs to agree to. As once picked for sky wouldn't the club be then obliged to move kick off? or does that only apply to saturday games?
The Sky deal is negotiated with the Football League. The Football League tell us when to play our games, with the odd exception such as police advice, conflicts with cup games, or other local teams and the such. So unless the police strongly object to a later kick off, City are totally powerless as to when and where we are on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669