Pre Match Sheffield Wednesday v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on mass rotation for this one?

Wednesday night to Saturday lunchtime doesn't feel like a good idea for several of our key players. I'd suggest that this game and the Cardiff away game on the 29th December are the two where we should just change every outfield player and back the squad depth. The key matches next to these are WBA away and Ipswich away where we'll want our strongest 11 all firing.

10 games in the next 34 days is going to sort the men out from the boys. Ipswich don't have the squad for it. We do. Let's use it. Something like this.

Hermansen
Souttar Coady Nelson
Albrighton Choudhury
Akgun Casadei Praet McAteer
Cannon

Wednesday night to Saturday lunchtime doesn't feel like a good idea for several of our key players. I'd suggest that this game and the Cardiff away game on the 29th December are the two where we should just change every outfield player and back the squad depth. The key matches next to these are WBA away and Ipswich away where we'll want our strongest 11 all firing.

10 games in the next 34 days is going to sort the men out from the boys. Ipswich don't have the squad for it. We do. Let's use it. Something like this.

Hermansen
Souttar Coady Nelson
Albrighton Choudhury
Cannon
I thought the same, except I wondered if Winks might start, given that he didn’t play at the weekend?

I'm going too. First away league game since 2002.

And I was there when we lost 7-1 as well.
You know that phrase, "On your deathbed, no one ever says, I should spent more time at the office"?
Mine will be "I Should've done more away games".
I reckon this will be the one , the spanking of a side, we've all been waiting for!

The only time that I’ve been to Hillsborough was the 1963 semifinal against Liverpool another 1-0 win with a goal from the mighty String.
I was there as well, but had to be carried over the heads of our supporters as I had a panic attack. I did, however, last long enough to be no further than 10 yards from the mighty String's goal.

Hermansen
Souttar Coady Nelson
Albrighton Choudhury
Cannon
Theoretically this should do the job. In actuality this is a massive slap in the face for SW. I think we should give them more respect. However I know you’ll disagree and say ‘**** them we need the points’. To which I’ll say I actually agree. Make of that what you will.

Probably a few bits.

Could see Ricardo, KDH and Mavididi rested. Probably a good match for Coady too.

Would like to see Cannon get some minutes.

We won’t rotate massively but could see 3-4 changes.

I'd suggest we should just change every outfield player and back the squad depth. Something like this.

Hermansen
Souttar Coady Nelson
Albrighton Choudhury
Cannon
I'd suggest you keep this one to yourself. Shocking stuff. No way we make that many changes, and nor should we. Just play a strong team, then take players off if we have the luxury of doing so.

Hermansen
Souttar Coady Nelson
Albrighton Choudhury
Cannon
Absolutely hideous.

Here’s my guess:

Mads

Choudury
Vestergaard
Coady
Justin

Winks
Ndidi
Casadei

Yunus
Vardy
Mcateer
I like that although I’d go Fatawu ahead of McAteer just for the chaos he can cause against a low block.

I want to see Yunus get some games on the right wing. I get the feeling that Fatawu will cause problems wherever he plays but I see something in Yunus and it doesn’t come out when he plays in midfield.

I like that although I’d go Fatawu ahead of McAteer just for the chaos he can cause against a low block.

I want to see Yunus get some games on the right wing. I get the feeling that Fatawu will cause problems wherever he plays but I see something in Yunus and it doesn’t come out when he plays in midfield.
I'd like to see them both start.

Fatawu is the genuine bollocks

This is the first league meeting between Sheffield Wednesday and Leicester City since April 2014. The Foxes won 2-1 at the King Power that day on their way to winning promotion to the Premier League.

Leicester’s last league visit to Sheffield Wednesday was in December 2013, losing 2-1 despite taking the lead. It was one of only six league defeats the Foxes suffered in 2013-14.

Sheffield Wednesday have lost five of their eight home league games this season (W1 D2), losing 4-0 to Millwall last time at Hillsborough, their heaviest home league defeat since losing 5-0 to Blackburn in January 2020.

Leicester City have won seven of their eight away league games this season, but did lose 1-0 to Middlesbrough last time on the road. They last suffered consecutive away league defeats in April, losing against Crystal Palace and Man City in the Premier League.

Sheffield Wednesday have only scored four goals in eight home league games this season. It’s only the third time they’ve scored four or fewer goals at this stage of a season at home, along with 2014-15 (3) and 2020-21 (4).

I'm fearing one of those silly Bottom Vs Top games where the team that haven't won a game in ten, suddenly beat the top team 2-1.

We should be Ok tonight though.

I'm fearing one of those silly Bottom Vs Top games where the team that haven't won a game in ten, suddenly beat the top team 2-1.

We should be Ok tonight though.
Hopefully lessons have been learned from the QPR game, that we can’t afford to take any team lightly

As I said the other day, I haven’t been here in 20ish years. Any suggestions for away friendly pubs?

Fatawu is the genuine bollocks

Yep he really is. He appears to be a really good team player too, often the first there when another player scores and I noticed when Vardy made one of the two big misses he had on Saturday he was the one that helped him up off the deck and geed him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566