SHOULD HE STAY? OR SHOULD HE GO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah when he first started for us he looked fantastic, but it's all gone abit downhill for the guy, but then he could be reflecting the team as a whole. I have to admit when I watch games I really have to chew my lip so that I don't yell at him, because he drives me nuts.

I've got a stressball for Christmas (not that I get stressed lol) but I will need it when I watch him on telly!

I think he is one of those players that needs a good unit around him to cover his few mistakes per game & to boost his confidence. He's not a player to have in the first 11 when things arn't going well.

I will never forget that throwing he took live on telly against Coventry though. He threw the bloody thing straight into a Cov guys chest & there wasn't a Leicester player near. The only thing I can think of was the Cov guy peeeed him off or something.

I would keep both Heath and Stewart.

Firstly Heath, granted he is no Rio Ferdinand but neither is he a Jacob Laursen, he is still young and learning the game but why get rid when he can learn off 2 fantastic centre halfs in Martin Keown and Craig Levein. He genuinely cares about the club and ok he makes mistakes but so does everybody else, remember Steve Walsh cost us many points over the years through his ill discipline but as he gained more experience he managed to almost cut that out of his game. In 2-3 years time Matt Heath could be a very good player and IMO would make a superb captain.

Stewart, at present is one of the only players to emerge with any credit since CL took over, even under Micky he always gives 100% and keeps going regardless and has formed an excellent left sided partnership with Tiatto. Again he does have flaws especially on defensive duties but I believe he is improving, he lacks confidence when running at opposition full backs but some of that must be levelled at the amount of negative "support" shown at him.

What fustrates me the most is these two are homegrown players who have come through the ranks (although Jordy did start at Villa), yet the fans continually berate them. I am not saying that either of these players are world beaters but do we as supporters really get behind them - No we don't and then we wonder why CL may be reluctant to play the likes of Stearman and Dawson.

Realise that Heath and Stewart are decent players, who still have a lot to learn but will get better with time and experience, they always give 100% which cannot always be said about some of the bigger names at our club, we all clamour for a fresher, more youthful side but then we crucify the younger players we do have when they play.

I believe Stewart on his day could take on most defences, but that doesnt happen to often. What I'd try with him is to playing him on the left of midfield/wing & tell him to run at the defenders.

We shouldn't get on their backs at the games though I certainly agree with that. I only do it when their live on telly, I don't think Stewart can here me in Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669