Sky or Virgin - what a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dour

I'm considering taking up one of the Virgin offers and switching from Sky. Trouble is, whenever I'm faced with such a decision, I have to confront the fact that I'm signing up with either Murdoch or Branson.

Murdoch - for me at least - is always unforgivable because of Wapping and the way people were treated there, so I had to swallow deep before signing up to the Sky machine. And so, you'd think there'd be no problem shifting. Except the alternative is Branson.

Now Branson being a lying, tax-dodging crook isn't enough on its own to make Virgin unacceptable - I think I'm cynical enough now to deal with that - it's the worship of 'Richard's ethics and philosophy, and the suggestion that they aren't, on the whole, vile, that you find on the Virgin website that makes it difficult. At least, inadvertently, they are suggesting that they are producing an alternative to corporate social responsibility... One that's even more morally bankrupt - but hey...

****s. Isn't there a way of delivering the full range of TV without making me feel sick when I sign up.

Re: Sky or Virgin - what a ****ing choice.

Get the basic Virgin package and then get someone to chip your box. All the channels and you're not giving money to anyone.

sky for me , as much as i dont like murdock , sky plus is a great thing ntl/virgin and the whole dont press the red button thing drives me mad :icon_evil

I've got Virgin and its been hassle free...

I've got the virgin/ntl xl package. This includes Setanta sports, along with Arsenal, Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers channels.
Now Sky and Virgin have kissed and made up you also get the basic Sky channels which includes Sky sports news. I prefer this to Setanta sports, I could be shallow and say better eye candy, but, Ok .....I will.

When I've had any queries or problems, I've found the response good to very good.
I hear of people that have been kept waiting by Sky, but you always hear the bad side before the good side in today's times (or telegraph, Sun, blah blah).

Besides don't they have a cooling off period once you've signed up?

I have sky+ and home and virgin at uni, and i definitely prefer sky any day of the week (though this is more likely because i dont have the sports at uni!)

sky+, multiroom, internet and home phone. Only ever had 1 problem, 4-5 years ago it took them about 2 months to set everything up.

This may sound strange but I feel a bit sorry for sky.
They plough some decent amounts of money into the less popular sports and when a big event comes up one of the free to air channels get it

Currently thinking about switching the other way - from Virgin to Sky.

Virgin pissed me off big time a couple of months back when during the advents before the Yeovil KO my box froze and I couldn't watch the match. Was so pissed off after setting myself up for a quality night in watching the footy.

As Setanta has gone, be interesting to see if Virgin bring anything else on board to replace them.

Hope so, as I have Virgin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670