smilies not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

i had this problem before and changed my browser from explorer to firefox and worked a treat now they are not working again they are visible but nothing happens when you click on them , and in other peoples pm' s they appear as code its really begining to piss me off as without smilies its harder to express the tone of your message (insert glum face)

Last edited:
lazzer said:
i had this problem before and changed my browser from explorer to firefox and worked a treat now they are not working again they are visible but nothing happens when you click on them , and in other peoples pm' s they appear as code its really begining to piss me off as without smilies its harder to express the tone of your message (insert glum face)

Try a hard refresh of the page (ctrl - F5).

The forum was upgraded last night and your PC may be cacheing the old version of the javascript.

Enhanced is wysiswyg - ie when you type a reply and use stuff like bold, you can see what it looks like as you type it, the standard one just shows youthe codes.

Can't believe it's taken you so long to find out about this, it's been mentioned loads of times since the system changed a few months ago, the last time being yesterday :icon_roll

By the look of your avatar you're still learning how to use your graphics program too :icon_lol:

webmaster said:
Enhanced is wysiswyg - ie when you type a reply and use stuff like bold, you can see what it looks like as you type it, the standard one just shows youthe codes.

Can't believe it's taken you so long to find out about this, it's been mentioned loads of times since the system changed a few months ago, the last time being yesterday :icon_roll

By the look of your avatar you're still learning how to use your graphics program too :icon_lol:

:)

i find computer things and codes confusing so i ignore and bypass comments like that.

I did it in paint - you can have it if you like for your av! as an xmas pressie

webmaster said:
Try a hard refresh of the page (ctrl - F5).

The forum was upgraded last night and your PC may be cacheing the old version of the javascript.

it worked eventually webbo ....cheers

The 'animated' smilies(i.e. :018: :038::026: :065: :117: :075: :064: etc) dont move on my screen? Any ideas?

Feriol said:
how do you know they are animated?
Because they are animted when i use them at work clever sh*t.

fcukcov said:
Because they are animted when i use them at work clever sh*t.

:018: :018: :eek: :icon_razz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670