Snowboarding Trips

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still got the dry ski slope at Swadlincote? :icon_lol:

After watching the Olympics, i'm quite interested in going Snowboarding for my holidays this year, depending on the price. Just wondered if anyone has ever been, and what they could recommend on a budget.

Full board or half board ?

when you learn snowboarding you spend most of the lesson on your arse in the snow

Bulgaria is supposed to be quite cheap

France isn't, especially with the EUR rate shafting you

FFS, for a split second it actually sounded like you knew soething about snowboarding :icon_bigg

He got me thinking there as well for a split second, now I have this vision of Lazzer on a snowboard!

Should be lots of late snow in the Alps this season so expect cheap deals late March April. Andorra is cheap and has arguably better conditions than Bulgaria.

Price up getting a Challet deal they usually include flights liftpass. France is great but if you are wanting to go out on the piss it's expensive. Challets usually provide wine as part of the meal, hosts usually hand it out quite freely.

Should be lots of late snow in the Alps this season so expect cheap deals late March April. Andorra is cheap and has arguably better conditions than Bulgaria.

How could there be lots of snow? Haven't you heard of 'global warming'? There isn't any snow anywhere any more, it's all been melted away by climatechangeswineflu or summat

Price up getting a Challet deal they usually include flights liftpass. France is great but if you are wanting to go out on the piss it's expensive. Challets usually provide wine as part of the meal, hosts usually hand it out quite freely.

i'll be looking at early next season (October time). Not really fussed about going out on the piss as I don't drink much.

And your first two sentences make it sound like Andorra is in the Alps.

Are you thinking of going in October or booking in October to travel later in the year?

Probably looking to travel late October, but I don't know anything about the snow season, so I might be boarding on grass.

You probably will be at that time of year

Some of the higher resorts offer glacier skiing during the summer, but they are very small areas and mostly even these resorts will be shut around October in preparation for the winter season

These higher resorts will generally aim to open for the winter season in late Nov/early Dec but even then it is snow dependant and is best booked late. Having said that December can offer cheap skiing when the snow is good, but I wouldn't count on anywhere like Andorra or Bulgaria being open then. If you were to go in the main season then as others have said these countries can be cheap but if you want to go to the Alps then your best bet is probably Italy, which is generally cheaper than the other options

www.skiclub.co.uk is a good website to start looking as they provide very good resort guides

And your first two sentences make it sound like Andorra is in the Alps.

Apologies it did read rather badly, only trying to offer advice. If there is late snow in the Alps then Andorra (which everyone knows is in Sweden) will probably also get a late season. :icon_wink

Looks like PPF has given some sound advice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670