So Now its all Connolly's Fault......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep the Faith

...Yet again Micky hides behind the flak by deflecting it the way of David Connelly.

Yes he was partially at fault by getting sent off at but isnt about time Micky took a long hard look at himself.

1) Connolly did not tell Dublin to go up front, resulting in QPR scoring and getting themselves back in the game.

2) Connolly has not been responsible for the other 3 sending offs this season.

3) Connolly has not been responsible for the other 3 defeats this season

4) Connolly has not been responsible for the hoofball tactics used this season.

5) Connelly has not contiually tinkered with the team thus not allowing players to gain any rytham.

Fair enough what Connolly did was stupid but MA is paid to make decisions and be tactically aware enough to close out a game when we are leading. Adams needs to stop criticisng everyone else for this sorry mess and take a good long look in the mirror, because I for one am sick and tired of his excuses and forever passing the blame.

Keep the Faith said:
...Yet again Micky hides behind the flak by deflecting it the way of David Connelly.

Yes he was partially at fault by getting sent off at but isnt about time Micky took a long hard look at himself.

1) Connolly did not tell Dublin to go up front, resulting in QPR scoring and getting themselves back in the game.

5) Connelly has not contiually tinkered with the team thus not allowing players to gain any rytham.

Fair enough what Connolly did was stupid but MA is paid to make decisions and be tactically aware enough to close out a game when we are leading. Adams needs to stop criticisng everyone else for this sorry mess and take a good long look in the mirror, because I for one am sick and tired of his excuses and forever passing the blame.

I understand all what you are saying and I think that Micky is approaching an 'end game' situation so he is now prepared to blame individuals.

Nonetheless - for once Micky is right - Connolly did cost us the game and frankly he has a record of being difficult. Its time the club came crashing down on the likes of Connolly to the full extent that the rules allow and this needs to happen irrespective of when (rather I suspect than if) Micky walks the plank.

"I told David Connolly that he has cost us the game," said a disillusioned Adams.

At least he has stopped talking in the third person way. lol

Wilson said:
"I told David Connolly that he has cost us the game," said a disillusioned Adams.
top management skills ma, let's motivate eh? :roll:

MKFox said:
Wilson said:

Unfortunately, I don't think that you are going to motivate this bunch with encouragement MK - they need sorting out by someone with a bit of iron will.

I just feel MA has taken us as far as he can! I think its tiime for a bit of a change now and ultimatly he needs to walk the plank for it. I know the board are starting to twich, hopefully enough to do something.

It wasn't a bad performance but non the less it was a loss! And you have to have some sort of back up plan when you've already had 3 players sent off since the start of the season!!

Sorry MA but I feel your time is up

I can't believe ... did MA really say that to Connolly ???! that's appalling. If he had have stayed on the pitch he would have been off and running, 15 goals by Chrimbo for sure. What an idiot .. DC for getting himself sent off and MA for 'motivating' players in this way.

MA needs to look in the mirror when he is looking for reasons for throwing away 3 pts, eg moving Dion up front to let QPR score their first and get the crowd behind them again

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fiarness it does appear that conelly just went to elbow him in the face, but you really can't say something like that to one of your players!!

The sign of a cracking maganer when he's blaming it on players (see PT & DB)

boyboysboys!!

went to my first ever foxes game today. Damn proud to be associated with such a classic game.
I appreciate I am least well qualified to comment on the team but here are my views anyway. Thought the team played well except for blakey should be a bus conductor. Is his girl friend called olive and his best mate called reg varney.

The blame lies with two people. Dave Conolley was culpable to get himself sent off despite scoring an absolute belter.
The boys were two nil up all the problems started from there.

Secondly the manager made a really poor decision to move Dublin up front when the team were at the most vulnerable. Have no idea why he did not steady the ship for ten minutes then move things around once the QPR had shot their bolt.

However he does not become a bad manager in the last couple of months. Tough it out as strachan will not come. Neither will anybody better for now. He was good enought to see you through some really bad times so where is your loyalty. He will sort it out but I dont think this season will be anything other than regouping for a big push next season.

But what the f*ck do I know.

Tartan Basil said:
boyboysboys!!

went to my first ever foxes game today. Damn proud to be associated with such a classic game.
I appreciate I am least well qualified to comment on the team but here are my views anyway. Thought the team played well except for blakey should be a bus conductor. Is his girl friend called olive and his best mate called reg varney.

The blame lies with two people. Dave Conolley was culpable to get himself sent off despite scoring an absolute belter.
The boys were two nil up all the problems started from there.

Secondly the manager made a really poor decision to move Dublin up front when the team were at the most vulnerable. Have no idea why he did not steady the ship for ten minutes then move things around once the QPR had shot their bolt.

However he does not become a bad manager in the last couple of months. Tough it out as strachan will not come. Neither will anybody better for now. He was good enought to see you through some really bad times so where is your loyalty. He will sort it out but I dont think this season will be anything other than regouping for a big push next season.

But what the f*ck do I know.

So who were you there shouting for?

I think the reason there are so many of us up in arms, is that some of us have spent a lot of time, effort and money watching Micky Adams' Leicester City sides throw away vital points time and time again.

This summer i was full of hope, especially with the players he bought in, that we would go back to playing football on the floor, direct, but on the floor, why else buy Connelly, Williams, Nalis, Makin, Gudjohnsson, Wilcox etc. ? But alas, we were played off the park on the whole by QPR, who out-played us football-wise, just as lowly Brighton had done the other week.

I cannot sit back and watch us throw away points in this league while playing Alan Cork-inspired long-ball bullshit, it depresses me to the very core. I left early yesterday, I knew what would happen and I was right, ****ing dreadful.

I don't think anyone can question 90% of the people on heres 'loyalty',I have stood behind MA so far but sometimes enough is enough.Its not just this season,this style of play and these mistakes etc were happening last season but still we supported MA.Thing is he doesn't seem to learn he seems so blinkered,he now seems to ran out of things to do so that he can change things round.He's not a bad guy and I'd hate to seem him detested by the fans but I think we (including Micky) have all suffered enough things are not improving,I don't believe we have played well all season only in 15 minute spells.The side looks disjointed,there seems to be no tactics and we are now known as being 'bottlers' who cave in at the first sign of pressure,teams now think that they can beat us even if they are 2 down.I think some of our players are taking the piss out of us and out of MA,they don't give 2 fooks about LCFC they just go through the motions and then collect their wages each month.

When I saw the sending off I couldn't believe Micky's comments about Connolly costing us the game, I thought the footage was inconclusive. Why say something like that about a player that you have broken the bank to sign? Surely you need him on your side. What would Fergie have said? But other than that yer completely right 3 goals conceded by sh*t defending all Connolly's fault.

take wenger, he totally supports his dirty players.
"i didn't see the incident" :roll:

MA doesn't seem to be able to manage the individuals that make a team and there seems no one capable to captain the squad with any authority.

Redditch Fox said:
MKFox said:
Wilson said:

Unfortunately, I don't think that you are going to motivate this bunch with encouragement MK - they need sorting out by someone with a bit of iron will.

Replace will with bar mate and you'd be closer to the truth. :wink:

Lets face it he's stood by connelly all season when he's not scored, but it was 2 needless bookings and he should be slated for that.

Not every manager, in fact hardly any manager does it like Wenger, so lets not compare MA to him - a little unfair me thinks.

i doubt if you'd moan about Ferguson, Clough, O'Neill making similar comments throughout their careers about individual players.

Fact is, if he hadn't got sent off we would have won at a canter, would have taken 10 points out of the last twelve, and would have been sitting pretty in ninth place, just two points off the play offs

It doesn't excuse Adams' complete tactical ineptitude when we were reduced to ten men - rank incompetence that cost us the points in the end - but it's hardly surprising that he blames Connolly, is it ?

Keep the Faith said:

I think Micky said that Connolly had lost us this game...no other!!!!

1) Connolly's departure meant that we HAD to change things. Couldn't really carry on playing 3 at the back, so unless you wanted a centre half at full back, Dublin had to be moved.

2) What more can a manager do? After Jordan's sending off last week, he imposed heavy fines on players being sent off. If players ignore this, what can he do about it?

3) No, but he hasn't scored and has missed chances in these games.

4) No one complained about hoof ball when we were promoted.

5) Its a new team full of new players. If things aren't working, what can the manager do if he can't tinker. Is he supposed to get it right first time and never change it?

Personally, I thought Saturday showed good management. Even on the back of good results micky changed the system and we were looking good until Connolly was sent off.

If Connolly had stayed on the pitch, we would undoubtedly have won the game and we would all be congratulating ourselves on climbing the table and at last playing some good stuff.

Bring on the Gills

I agree with a lot of this. For once :roll: I think the blame for saturday lies more with the players than the manager.

MA changed the formation and it paid dividends (2-0 up at half time)...surely that's good tactics? Or are we going to label it as "lucky" every time MA does get it right?

He'd also made the players aware that he wouldn't stand for any more red cards, so what was Connolly doing, apart from ignoring the instructions of his boss? Did he think he was invincible once he'd got a goal? If you ignored your boss at work, and it caused a f***-up, surely you would see that your boss talked sense. Connolly should apologise publicly, and give all his backing to MA.

I'm not saying that I am in full support of MA, but taking the QPR game on its own, I'm feeling slightly uneasy at the level of abuse our manager is getting. ( I still think he will walk after Tuesday nights game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566