Soccerbase

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Anglia Fox

I use soccerbase as my primary source for looking up players and their statistics.

Anybody else who uses this regularly will be aware that the whole look of the website has been recently changed. However, now it seems like you can only look at the statistics of current players. With the old version of soccerbase, you could also look at retired players, i.e. seasons when they were playing. Now though, this doesn't appear to be possible, even with ones who retired recently like Gary Neville.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/search.sd?search=Gary+Neville&type=player

Am I just being stupid? Or is it completely impossible to access his statistics now that he is retired?

I use soccerbase as my primary source for looking up players and their statistics.

Anybody else who uses this regularly will be aware that the whole look of the website has been recently changed. However, now it seems like you can only look at the statistics of current players. With the old version of soccerbase, you could also look at retired players, i.e. seasons when they were playing. Now though, this doesn't appear to be possible, even with ones who retired recently like Gary Neville.

Am I just being stupid? Or is it completely impossible to access his statistics now that he is retired?

Shite, isn't it?

I can only suggest that you forward you comments to [email protected] and let us know if you get a reply.

Commercialized crap :icon_sad:

Soccerbase was one of the best. Big loss!

I noticed this yesterday as well.

It's ridiculous. They've removed the transfers section as well.

Seems a strange choice for a site built around stats to remove what it is that makes them useful.

Perhaps a change in management and approach?

Seems a strange choice for a site built around stats to remove what it is that makes them useful.

Perhaps a change in management and approach?

Until recently soccerbase was run by the Guardian newspaper but was significantly under-resourced with most of the effort of keeping it up-to-date falling at the feet of one man. I do know that he spent far more hours than he was ever paid for in trying to fulfil the task.

The present version, run by the Racing Post, is a shadow of what used to be and seems to prove that you can get nothing for nothing. It certainly however does the Racing Post no credit.

The particular change I mentioned just seems downright bizarre though. A matter of weeks ago, you could look at all Gary Neville's seasons starting from the early 1990s, and now you just can't look at anything. It just says 'there are no matches', just because he's retired.

A matter of weeks ago, you could look at all Gary Neville's seasons starting from the early 1990s...

I don't believe it, as Victor Meldrew would say.

I don't believe anybody would want to spend the time doing that once - let alone twice in order to discover the absence of data.

I know the Far East of England is dull, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669