Songs for Matchdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Just read this on the OS:

Leicester City will be trialling two new pre-match music packages ahead of their upcoming games against Stoke City and Ipswich Town at the Walkers Stadium.

After consultation with supporters the Foxes will premiere both warm-ups and then ask fans to email or write to the club stating their preferred choice.

Against Stoke City on Tuesday, August 9, Henry will perform his rendition of the Post Horn Gallop at 7:30pm, before tenor Laurence Robinson performs a track which is yet to be selected. Sandstorm by Da Rude will then be played over the PA system before Carnival de Paris is aired while the players line up in the tunnel. Henry will then play the Post Horn Gallop again as the players enter the pitch. Elevation by U2 will replace Laurence on a normal matchday.

Local band Kasabian feature heavily in the second package, which will be played ahead of the Ipswich Town fixture on Saturday, August 13. Again, Henry will kick-off proceedings, before Kasabian's LSF is played over the PA. This will be followed by;Meaning of Soul by Oasis;and Club Foot, also by Kasabian, before the team enter the pitch to the Post Horn Gallop.

Source

I'm not sure about Meaning of Soul by Oasis or Sandstorm really. Also, They should have picked Processed Beats rather than Club Foot because it's got more funky energy in it's first few bars.[/quote]

All in all I'm pleased though - good stuff. How long will Henry last though?

just before kick off- 2001 space odyessy
teams line up to- For those about to rock we salute you
half time- whole lotta love led zep
leaving the ground to - knocking on heavens door

:thumbs_up:038::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

thats all well and good my dear but you have to think of the young uns as well :icon_lol:

Without knowing what Carnival de Paris is I can still know that the Kasabian option is better.

a) cause they are local and City Supporters
b) Club Foot is a great anthem
c) Sandstorm is shite and Elevation is tired.

I think they should turn it off completely (the music that is)! Instead of trying to create a false atmosphere, as you do by piping out music as loud as you can, why don't they leave it to the fans to sing/make their own atmosphere.

If there was no music the away fans would probably start chanting at us, and I doubt that would go unanswered for long. Why not give that a try!

it would be like a morgue especially when the likes of crewe bring 367 fans :icon_lol:

stick with the Kasabian stuff. lets keep it "local"

hows about a bit of showaddy waddy to go with it, and a dash of engelbert. :081:

henry can shuv is trumpet up his ....

dog???

they should play the benny hill music and get a load of lasses in their skimpies to run aroiund for a bit...

ah yes but quo are to appear on coronation street next month apparently

fosseboy83 said:
they should play the benny hill music and get a load of lasses in their skimpies to run aroiund for a bit...

I'd move back to Leicester if they did that! :038:

I've just gone and listened to all those tracks and I think they should go with the Kasabian angle myself. They're Leicester fans - good lads! And I disagree with Joe - LSF is perfect for an atmosphere of building anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669