Sound Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarby

when i play stuff from my i tunes the sound quality was poor even though the computer said it was its maximum!

so i made sure real players sound bar was at the top and the same for media player which they were. Sometimes if they are low it can effect the i tunes sound.

I then noticed i had a DVD in my drive so i played it using powerDVD so i opened that.

Now the sound bar on powerDVD was low so i increased it, thinking that was the problem so i opened up i tunes with powerDVD still loaded and hey presto the sound was back to normal HOWEVER when i closed powerDVD the sound went back to being quite low again so i reopened powerDVD and the sound bar on that had gone low again.

Is there a way of sorting this out?

Err..
Try looking in the system tray (Thats the thing opposite the start button with icons in it) for a logo of a megaphone.
Then right click on it and fiddle about with the settings. Put the volumes up to full and everything else halfway.

If thats not what you mean try the "tech support guy" forums (google it)

Err..
Try looking in the system tray (Thats the thing opposite the start button with icons in it) for a logo of a megaphone.
Then right click on it and fiddle about with the settings. Put the volumes up to full and everything else halfway.

If thats not what you mean try the "tech support guy" forums (google it)

i think thats done it mate the wave volume wasnt at the top!!

cheers fella :038::038:

what does the wave volume do?

wave is the sound output from your soundcard's wave generator (ie the 'normal' sounds it can create, from mp3 files, .wav files etc. You probably have other volume controils for midi (which is musical instrument type sounds), microphone, line in etc.

The 'Wave' slider on my PC has complete control for all sounds including audio CD's.
Is it just the way it's configured or is it because I've got a poxy Motherboard with built in sound as opposed to a propper sound card?

The 'Wave' slider on my PC has complete control for all sounds including audio CD's.
Is it just the way it's configured or is it because I've got a poxy Motherboard with built in sound as opposed to a propper sound card?

It won't have control of all sounds, if you have a line in or microphone socket it won't control the volume control from them.

What a lot of PCs do now is read the digital data from CD, and convert it to a wave sound in the sound card, which is why the wave volume control controls the CD sound level.
If you have an audio cable from your CD drive going into the sound card you should also be able to change the windows settings to use that to listen to CDs instead, but I'm not sure if there's any benefit from doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669