sousa out

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you said at the top of your piece that Pearson left because he could not get his own way,how is that irrelevant?

If you can't see how it is irrelevant, you clearly didn't read what I wrote.

As so often, one of the most sensible remarks in the thread. I shall now avail myself of your sound advice. :038:

If you're about to step on a landmine, you won't be saved by sticking your fingers in your ears.

Can anyone that genuinely believes Sousa is capable of dragging us out of the shit explain where the positives are?

so now its ur post??? i posted it you muppet!!!!! :bang:
:081:I can't work out wether you're a genuine dumb ass or a comedy genius.
I was speaking to my local reverent the other day who is a keen Leicester supporter and he told me Pearson jumped ship before he was pushed out.

He knew Pearson quite well,and said Pearson did not want to leave Leicester,but after seeing Sousa at the Cardiff game he knew his time was up.

I have no reason to disbelieve the vicar...because i always felt that it was something to do with that play-off night.
It's a fact that Pearson was offered a new contract, both sides said so at the time. If Pearson had had signed it it would have been a lot harder to get rid of him.
MM was trying to sell the club and needed stability. Pearson has to take his share of the blame for his leaving.

We were quite happy, Pearson was building a good side. Why the feck are we now doing it all again? I just simply do not understand any of this.

Every time before I have been pro giving a manager plenty of time but this guy is not the man for the job. I have already made my mind up so Sousa out. I will happily eat my words but to me its only going one way.

Can anyone that genuinely believes Sousa is capable of dragging us out of the shit explain where the positives are?

Erm, well, there's erm .. and there's ... I'l be back in a bit.

For me he's got 2 games to sort it before I start calling for his head.

He's got 2 weeks now to get the players fit bed in his new signings and convince the players of his tactics.

If it's not sorted by then then he's got to go.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the Cov inbreds gloating if things are just as bad when we play them and that result leads to more club disarray and another manager?

I can't deal with that so they'd all better pull their bloody fingers fingers out and sort it!

We were quite happy, Pearson was building a good side. Why the feck are we now doing it all again? I just simply do not understand any of this.

Quite.

Virtually every positive from last year has been destroyed:

- we had a close unit with a good team spirit. We now have a rabble with players asking to leave.

- we were defensively sound and had one of the tightest records in the league. We now have nothing, defensively inept especially from corners.

- we had strong, fit players who could play well beyond 90 mins. We now have players working off cramp after 70 mins.

-we had an excellent recruitment scheme with some great young premiership talent being brought in on loan and in general decent players brought in up to the task. We now have some random, scattergun policy of bringing in anyone from abroad who look far from suitable for this league.

- we had certainly a little 1 dimensional approach and plan last lesson in terms of tactics. We have now even managed to lose that.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some areas Sousa is improving? Lets bear in mind this was a top 6 team last season that probably needed 4 or 5 decent additions to push on.

Last edited:
I appear to be in the minority, and yesterday was the first game I have seen this season, but I thought we looked a lot better than them second half and but for a cracking save and an inability to beat their defender on the line we would have won. They had two chances and scored them both, both through sloppy defending, which is a bit concerning.

However, the messiah that is Pearson is hardly faring any better at Hull is he? One win and one GD better is hardly heroic. I bet he gets time to instil his style on them though.

That sums up my feelings. How did we get from that night in the Cardiff stadium to this nonsense.

I felt sorry for pauloo yesterday, we didn't deserve to be on the end of a defeat yesterday.

I don't I'm afraid. They were god awful. Results like yesterday's send us down. The Reading fans sang at one stage:

"We're winning away, we're winning awaaay, how shit must you be, we're winning away."

Think that summed the result up.

Quite.

Virtually every positive from last year has been destroyed:

- we had a close unit with a good team spirit. We now have a rabble with players asking to leave.

- we were defensively sound and had one of the tightest records in the league. We now have nothing, defensively inept especially from corners.

- we had strong, fit players who could play well beyond 90 mins. We now have players working off cramp after 70 mins.

-we had an excellent recruitment scheme with some great young premiership talent being brought in on loan and in general decent players brought in up to the task. We now have some random, scattergun policy of bringing in anyone from abroad who look far from suitable for this league.

- we had certainly a little 1 dimensional approach and plan last lesson in terms of tactics. We have now even managed to lose that.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some areas Sousa is improving? Lets bear in mind this was a top 6 team last season that probably needed 4 or 5 decent additions to push on.

Sums the position up perfectly for me. I hate drastically quick dismissals of managers in the modern game, and I agree that if Sousa is going to be a successful City manager he's going to need time to implement the massive changes he seems to want to make in our style of play. Similarly, the new owners probably need time to bed in as well, and are likely to be circumspect with whatever cash they have until they are vaguely familiar with the surroundings.

Thus far though, he's taken what should have been a play-off/automatic promotion chasing team into being off the pace against some of the worst sides in the division. Reading were awful yesterday, 'Boro were crap, Palace have lost every game since romping to a 3-0 lead over us in the first 45 mins of the season, and whilst Burnley are rightfully amongst the favourites for promotion, they're a far cry from the Baggies or the Geordies last season, and we still woefully surrendered to them. For me, 12 games is more than enough for a manager to prove himself incompetent at the task at hand, so if things carry on as they are, I'd be calling for Sousa's head after our trip to Elland Road in October. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong in the next 8 games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669