sousa out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - I bought the rights to all of your posts.

Within three year, fans of jas123, I promise that I take him to Premiership. I already lose £5million on him because I am jas123 people. He smashing bunch of lad.

Now, jas123 - back to keyboard. I want you redouble your efforts.

:081:

On the subject...My worry is that from Sousa's comments, he doesn't seem to realize what the problems are. For this reason i have no confidence in his ability to solve them.

Quite.

Virtually every positive from last year has been destroyed:

- we had a close unit with a good team spirit. We now have a rabble with players asking to leave.

- we were defensively sound and had one of the tightest records in the league. We now have nothing, defensively inept especially from corners.

- we had strong, fit players who could play well beyond 90 mins. We now have players working off cramp after 70 mins.

-we had an excellent recruitment scheme with some great young premiership talent being brought in on loan and in general decent players brought in up to the task. We now have some random, scattergun policy of bringing in anyone from abroad who look far from suitable for this league.

- we had certainly a little 1 dimensional approach and plan last lesson in terms of tactics. We have now even managed to lose that.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some areas Sousa is improving? Lets bear in mind this was a top 6 team last season that probably needed 4 or 5 decent additions to push on.

Didn't the events leading up to the infamous play off semi play a pretty decent part in destroying morale and team spirit......oh hang on Sousa wasn't here to blame then was he. Funny how Pearson didn't hang around to try and build on last season, instead he hot footed out of here at the first sniff of a job, perhaps he could see the writing was on the wall.

I agree with the comments by PFKAKTF FOX. I think that this is a hangover in part from the end of last season. The camp has been retty much divided since the end of the season.We have been unable to get rid of a lot of troublemakers.

Didn't the events leading up to the infamous play off semi play a pretty decent part in destroying morale and team spirit......oh hang on Sousa wasn't here to blame then was he. Funny how Pearson didn't hang around to try and build on last season, instead he hot footed out of here at the first sniff of a job, perhaps he could see the writing was on the wall.

That may explain the morale. Your silence on the rest is noted.

I dont care pearson isnt doing great at hull, fact is we were playoffs last season and are relegation candidiates this season.

the names I heard (direct not of forums) all of them have started games under sousa.

I wont list them as I would be asked for my source etc.

I don't think morale was destroyed at that stage. It might not have been as good as people thought at the time, but we made a bloody good go of it that night down in Cardiff, teams with low morale, where the writing for a downfall is already on the wall, don't tend to put in performances like that.

Oh yes, and then there's erm ... nope, it still won't come to me.

What worries me most is that other than Burnley we have played mediocre lower half teams so far.

Our next three matches are QPR and Cardiff who look like the 2 best teams in the league and Covscum away, who we never beat away anyway and who look much improved this season.

I honestly can't see us getting another point til the end of September.

What worries me most is that other than Burnley we have played mediocre lower half teams so far.

Our next three matches are QPR and Cardiff who look like the 2 best teams in the league and Covscum away, who we never beat away anyway and who look much improved this season.

I honestly can't see us getting another point til the end of September.

Stop being so defeatist. Look at all the positives! Oh wait....

Stop being so defeatist. Look at all the positives! Oh wait....

:icon_lol: I deserved that. I am very worried though. Under Pearson if we went through a bad patch I always remained confident and optimistic as I knew he would pull us through, which he always did without exception. However, I just don't have the same feeling with Sousa.

As others have said it's the way we are playing and the behind the scenes problems that are worrying, not the results themselves.

I don't think morale was destroyed at that stage. It might not have been as good as people thought at the time, but we made a bloody good go of it that night down in Cardiff, teams with low morale, where the writing for a downfall is already on the wall, don't tend to put in performances like that.

I agree. I imagine that players must have expected as I did that this season we would be challenging for automatic promotion. They must have looked forward to the new season.

My hope is that Paulo does not believe the kind of nonsense he spouted after the Reading game. When he talked of players showing character he was describing the kind of character I would expect every team in the Championship to have.

What I would have liked is for him to say "We are in the bottom three because we have not played well enough. I know the solution and I will fix it."

It may be that Paulo's new system was an error of judgement. Bad judgement by any manager or leader is a major cause of failure but it is not the biggest cause. The biggest cause is to refuse to listen to criticism and stubbornly pretend that there has not been an error of judgement . It then only gets corrected after massive damage has been done and often with the culprit still proclaiming he was right.

Chris Powell seems a w*s* head and is vastly experienced in English football. I hope he has had the chance to put his point of view and above all has been listened to. We have been told that players in the plural want to leave. If so Oakley as captain should have been telling Paulo that there was dissatisfaction within the camp.

If Paulo is going to pretend that all is going well and not sort out the problems then he should go. Paulo's first task is to convince any first team players who want to leave that he will sort out the problems and that they should stay. If he can do that he should be given more time.

Which is all irrelevant to the point I was making.

But very interesting. The Sousa at the playoffs scandal - "Cardiffgate" -was a very unpleasant piece of chairmanship. I was going to call it "underhand" but that is wrong since it was a very open sign of potential disloyalty.

Pearson is relevant to this thread for two reasons. I would guess that most fans do not believe we would be in the bottom three if Pearson had stayed. That has to influence perceptions of Sousa. Secondly I would guess that the players had more faith in the proven effectiveness of Pearson's system than in the new one that Paulo has brought in.

Would just lke to say I've been pretty pleased with what I've seen ofus going forward for the most part. As Sousa said a bit of luck and being bit more clinical will see us alright in that regard. What I am utterly flabbergasted at is the quality of our defending. It has been pissing terrible. Weak in the air, Berner at left back seems to have been told to get forward more under Sousa but struggles to get back leaving us open there. Both center backs not reading the game well and making silly mistakes. We're missing Weale as well IMO.

Ohh you are basking in all of this aren't you. Congratulations!

You and Durham seem to have something in common. By suggesting that he is "basking in it", you do at least show some recognition that there is a problem. Many people do not even accept that.

And having identified that there is a problem, Durham does have an idea on how to put things right. That is one step up from just letting things ride for another couple of games and a whole staircase from not admitting there is a problem in the first place.

That may explain the morale. Your silence on the rest is noted.

Well we looked far from defensively secure when Cardiff gave us the runaround at the Walkers in the play off semi and for the first 30 minutes of the second leg, IMO we were very lucky that we weren't 4 or 5 goals down.

It is far too early to say that Sousa has wrecked everything in fact I would almost go as far to say it would be impossible to undo the good work of 2 years in less than 2 months. However I do feel that failing to go up and the events of the summer has led to a few of our players with delusions of granduer to start looking elsewhere. I also feel that Sousa is taking the flak for what has happened to Pearson and there could be an almost bloody mindiness amongst the players for Sousa (or whoever had taken over) to fail.

This is of course my opinion, and I hope Sousa is given time to build something here, and I am disappointed that our players are behaving in this manner and I would back the club to the hilt if they move any disruptive influences on, regardless of whether that is DJ, Fryatt, Hobbs, Wellens or any other player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669