sousa out

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and Durham seem to have something in common. By suggesting that he is "basking in it", you do at least show some recognition that there is a problem. Many people do not even accept that.

And having identified that there is a problem, Durham does have an idea on how to put things right. That is one step up from just letting things ride for another couple of games and a whole staircase from not admitting there is a problem in the first place.

I have a great deal of thoughts on the issues being presented, all of course formulated in my limited footballing mind. But here's my take (apologies for the length)...

Last year the spine of our side consisted of Fryatt, Hobbs, Morrisson, King and Weale. This season Sousa looks to have jettisoned this spine thus far. He appears to be really struggling to decide on his best side, when (let's be honest) our team picks itself for anyone that has watched us play at all over the last 18 months. Hitching his wagon to Campbell seems particularly misplaced. I find this troubling.

Beyond the team selection, the defending I've seen so far has been almost entirely shambolic. The full backs are bombing on and leaving massive holes when teams break. The midfield is too lightweight and further exposes the back four, and Moreno's positional sense is woeful thus far. Poor Jack Hobbs looks like the bloke running around with a bucket on the Titanic. Now, this could be down to a couple of personnel adjustments, but it's certainly a point of concern.

I'm also completely baffled as to why Steve Howard is first choice, when his football ability is limited, his legs gone, and his attitude dire. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of having Howard in our starting lineup and find his constant selection a pain in my arse.

It's all well and good creating chances, but if you are shipping soft goals at the rate we are, you are in trouble. I found yesterday's performance pretty depressing.

I take no pleasure in seeing our struggles, and I do find it a little distasteful to have my (perhaps misplaced) optimism rubbed in my face by the "I told you so" brigade. With all of this said, sacking a manager after 4 league games is daft, some managers need time. Sousa may have hung himself by changing too much, too quickly, but I do believe he should be given a few more weeks. But I say that as someone who has abandoned ambitions of the playoffs.

I'm far more concerned about the extremely shady looking business dealings surrounding the club. Milan, Thai's, no name foreign signings. I worry more about that, even, than what we are seeing on the pitch.

I was speaking to my local reverent the other day who is a keen Leicester supporter and he told me Pearson jumped ship before he was pushed out.

He knew Pearson quite well,and said Pearson did not want to leave Leicester,but after seeing Sousa at the Cardiff game he knew his time was up.

I have no reason to disbelieve the vicar...because i always felt that it was something to do with that play-off night.

Bah you can't believe a Vicar they lie everyday they do their job, unless they are just deluded.

I am very disappointed with the season so far obviously but talking with Swansea supporters it would seem that Sousa was more defensive minded and would fortify the midfield and hope to grind out results rather than allow cheap goals. (Remember he was a "defensive midfield" player ...) He drew half his games at QPR because they parked the 4~4 infront of the attacking team. This seems at odds with his style at Leicester and something I cannot understand, the tactics have to be wrong with the players or maybe his thinking of what the players ability is (lack of time with the players the likely reason...) So I want to give him a couple more games to work with the team and then I will absolutely and utterly tell him to f** off back to Viseu.

ala pardew is free hmmmm

Last edited:
Pardew would be a good appointment but he might want to take a fairly lengthy break from football

There are plenty of football managers out there - why chose one that's a total prick? Why not go for one that... isn't?

Alex Ferguson - total prick, Arsene Wenger - Total Prick, Jose Mourinho - total prick the best managers often are even MoN could be a prick when needed, why get so hung up that a manager isn't a perfect gentleman?

I wonder how much of the way we're trying to play ... free flowing passing, attractive, continental style football is being dictated by our owners who want to use us as a marketing tool. Hence the change of manager to a continental fashion icon rather than a dour quiet one that plays the football to suit the division.

I wonder how much of the way we're trying to play ... free flowing passing, attractive, continental style football is being dictated by our owners who want to use us as a marketing tool. Hence the change of manager to a continental fashion icon rather than a dour quiet one that plays the football to suit the division.

Very cynical.......................... but probably spot on

If Pearson had had signed the contract he was offered (and aparently agreed to) he would still be here. All this conspiracy talk is wildly exaggerated.

Far from it. You think it makes me happy to see my club in such a ****ing state?

Honestly, yes. You and a few others.

This is the way it is, you, me nor anyone else on here can effect any change at the club whilst Mandy is in charge. So, assuming wish to continue supporting the team then you have two options:

Accept that this is the way things are, look at the positives and remain optimistic

or

Wallow in a pool of depression, bemoan everything and assume we are doomed and fecked. And then gloat to the high hilt if you turn out to be right.

Neither will have any effect on the club (though I believe the booing doom merchants will speed up any decline by booing), but it does mean that at least I am able to enjoy the games a little more by taking the positives.

But, there are people who enjoy being depressed about the football, I always had you down as one, but I am surprised to find Boc included this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669