Post Match Southampton 0 - 2 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't enjoyed watching a game of football that much in ages :) Not sure if the few shots of Bushmills helped or hindered the process but it has to be a good sign that i felt like drinking during the game rather than after as has been the case for most of the season.Well...most of the last 9 years!

Brilliant performance, I thought SSL was very good. They all worked for the 90 minutes.

Well done Nige and the boys

Drinkwater slotted in nicely, ooer missus.

Hard working and organised performance. Soton were disappointing but we took full advantage.

I understand the positivity towards Danns but he could easily have been responsible for two goals against. One shocking blind back pass straight to Connolly and once totally leaving his marker and giving the Soton player a free header.

Drinkwater retained possession very well when he came on.

If we can carry this on now on Saturday we'll start generating some genuine confidence amongst the players. We could yet rescue something from this season.

& now...all I want is a late charge to the play-offs,a win at Wembley,the Saints to go up automatically & the fixture computer to pair us up with them at home for our first match back in the prem.
Then I can sit there bathed in August sunshine & pretend that nothing since the same weekend in 2003 actually happened & was all some horrific nightmare.

& now...all I want is a late charge to the play-offs,a win at Wembley,the Saints to go up automatically & the fixture computer to pair us up with them at home for our first match back in the prem.
Then I can sit there bathed in August sunshine & pretend that nothing since the same weekend in 2003 actually happened & was all some horrific nightmare.
You mean ala Bobby/Pammy in the shower in Dallas

Great stuff.

Played really well the last couple of games, looked more and more like the Nigel Pearson side of his first spell in the way we press teams and give them little time on the ball.

Just hope that we these aren't just flash in the pan performances against out of form sides and we can play like this a lot more often in the second half of the season.

Nugent was fantastic today, winding up the Southampton fans and scoring a great goal. :icon_bigg Have to mention Sean St. Ledger as well, who has been great the past couple of games, seems like being transfer listed may have galvanised him. Mills looks better alongside him too. As much as I love Bamba, I wonder whether his erratic and unpredictable style of play had too much of a negative effect on the system of the side.

Also, just caught this post in the match thread.

Polar Bear said:
And 24 keeps breathing in my face, like a mad whore.

:038: Fantastic stuff, PB! One of my favourite albums ever.

Last edited:
Terrific performance! SSL, Mills, Konch and Nugent all in contention for MotM in my eyes. Only person I can think of that was dodgy was Dyer, although often made up for his mistakes. Overall delighted with the result and hopefully this will continue on an unbeaten run of games. Excellent!

Wellens played well tonight I thought.

I thought he was poor until he got a bloody nose, after that he was everywhere.

Mills and St Ledger stood out for me, althought the whole team played well. Drinkwater looked good, both going forward and tracking back.

Good time to play Southampton with Lambert and Lallanna(sp) out but still get a result.

I told you in the pre-match thread that 10/3 was worth a couple of quid! :)

Powerful, disciplined, hard working performance against a surprisingly average side, given their position

Mills and Sledger looked excellent in a genuine partnership - same can be said about Nugent and Beckford

Wellens as good in the second half as he was utterly hopeless in the first. Danns tireless. Dyer completely pointless

Drinky-winks looks a very decent signing indeed

Onwards and upwards we go.....

Last edited:
I thought he was poor until he got a bloody nose, after that he was everywhere.

Mills and St Ledger stood out for me, althought the whole team played well. Drinkwater looked good, both going forward and tracking back.

Good time to play Southampton with Lambert and Lallanna(sp) out but still get a result.

I told you in the pre-match thread that 10/3 was worth a couple of quid! :)

Well if it takes someone giving him a bloody nose every game, I'm sure we can find candidates for the job :)

Feck me. Haven't seen a city performance in the league like that for a while. NEVER looked like giving up, NEVER looked like conceding. To a man exceptional. So impressed, so proud. BRING ON THE BOROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!

:018: Boro

Watched with delight, superb goals, back four looked very good, midfield closed down quickly and the front two appear to be settling into a partnership, Drinkwater looks good signing, very confident on the ball and linked well with Peltier, thought Nugent led the line brilliantly. Oh and finally thanks to Yuki for his time at the KPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669